WASHINGTON - Days before his visit to India, US President Barack Obama telephoned Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari to talk about the need to do more to deal with terrorist groups in Pakistan that are a threat to his country and its neighbours.
BAGHDAD - At least seven people were killed and four injured Tuesday in bomb blasts in Iraq, police sources said.
KOLKATA - Intellectuals and social workers in West Bengal Tuesday demanded the release of an Intelligence Bureau officer and a NGO activist believed to have been abducted by Maoists three days ago. But they appeared divided in their assessment of the Maoist movement.
MUMBAI - The Bombay High Court Tuesday viewed CCTV footage of the terrorists' attack on Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus here on the night of Nov 26, 2008.
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Urdu media Monday slammed the attack on the shrine of revered Sufi saint Hazrat Baba Farid Ganj Shakkar, terming it the "latest episode in terrorists' nefarious plan to create sectarian conflict".
- ‘Sufi shrines being targeted to cause sectarian conflicts’
- British police being trained for Mumbai-style attack
- Activists demand release of abducted officer, worker
- Three Arrested from Nassau for Salvage Car Garage Theft
- Bengal police clueless about abducted intelligence officer
- Maoists kill supervisor in Orissa
- Taliban runs schools to brainwash us: suicide bomber
- Child soldier pleads guilty to killing US medic in Afghanistan
- “Hiccup Girl” Jennifer Mee Arrested
- Taliban killed Benazir Bhutto: Probe