TIKRIT - Nearly 60 people were killed Tuesday in a suicide bombing outside a crowded police recruitment centre in the Iraqi city of Tikrit, security officials said.
ISLAMABAD - At least three soldiers were killed Tuesday when presumed Islamic insurgents fired rockets at a military camp in Pakistan's northwestern tribal areas.
RAIPUR - At least two Maoists were killed Tuesday in a gunfight with the police in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district while six rebels were arrested, police said.
LONDON - The British government has moved to ban the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) as a terrorist group, making it illegal to become its member or raise funds for it in Britain.
NEW DELHI - The Supreme Court Tuesday directed the Chhattisgarh government to get vacated within four months all schools, educational institutions and hostels being used as camps by security forces fighting the Maoists in Dantewada and Bijapur districts.
- Sri Lanka to speed up cases of Tamil rebel detainees
- Four bodies found in Pakistan
- Delhi, Dhaka discuss terror, border firing in talks
- Yemeni journalist gets jail for Al Qaeda ties
- 50 killed in Iraq suicide bombing
- Bomb at police recruitment centre in Tikrit kills 14
- ULFA moves towards peace talks with government
- Wikileaks Unveiling Swiss Bank Secrets!
- Summer unrest was fuelled by criminals, guerrillas: Kashmir Police
- “Kensington Strangler” Suspect Antonio Rodriguez Arrested
- US commends Dhaka’s fight against terror