LYNWOOD, Ill. - The arrest of a small-town police officer for the seemingly random shootings of three people surprised his family and neighbors Friday even as it brought relief to residents on the Illinois-Indiana border where the shootings took place.
FLORENCE, Ariz. - Independent testing of a bloodied shirt backs up the story of a deputy who contends he was shot by drug smugglers in the remote desert, officials said Thursday.
JOHANNESBURG - One of the accused in the attempted murder of an exiled Rwandan general offered a $1 million bribe to police to release him upon arrest, a South African court said Thursday.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Hundreds of FBI agents flew into Puerto Rico to round up dozens of police officers accused of aiding drug traffickers - one of the darkest days yet for a force tarnished by recent allegations of brutality, discrimination and incompetence.
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say two uniformed Philadelphia police officers robbed a supposed drug dealer of 20 pounds of marijuana and $3,000 in cash in what proved to be an undercover sting.
- Report: 'Disabled' Calif. chief rode bike and ran
- NJ police: Sniper kills brother, Samaritan, self
- Police kill NJ man who shoots 3 sons, 2 fatally
- PR police under scrutiny after recent killings
- Puerto Rico cop charged with murder in shooting
- Maes files: Police chief knew of gambling ring
- Southern Ill. county ousts convicted sheriff
- Police: Man kills self after shooting at UT Austin
- ND police chief, ex-judge charged in abuse case
- Former police chief investigated in S. Calif. city
- SAfrica man shot by police after standoff
- Report: Bell police chief eyed tax-free pension
- Ex-cop sentenced in Katrina bridge shootings
- Suspect in woman's slaying to return to NC from NY
- Suspect in NC woman's slaying due in NY court
- Suspect caught in slaying of NC chief's daughter
- Cops seek NY man in death of NC chief's daughter
- Police chief's daughter found dead in NC; 1 sought
- Los Angeles activists protest police shooting
- Los Angeles activists to protest police shooting
- Deputies: Dad threatened kids who teased daughter
- Ind. teen showed police how he killed brother
- Art in federal probe turns up at NY police station
- Police in Mexican town resign, drug capo held
- Chicago police officers rally against dept. head
- AP Interview: Colo.'s Maes details police role
- Police: Son killed Nigerian secret police officer
- Feds ask judge to order Ariz. sheriff to cooperate
- Ex-officers and judges support legal pot in Calif.
- CA police chief accepts blame for not finding body
- 4th night of police protests in LA; no violence
- ACLU petitions for oversight of Newark police
- Calif. man killed by police was wielding spatula
- South African murder rate drops by 8.6 percent
- Man killed by Vancouver police was Iraq veteran