Contracts And Orders
PHILADELPHIA - Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. will pay $422.5 million in penalties for marketing an epilepsy medicine for unapproved uses and for paying kickbacks to doctors to prescribe it and five other drugs, federal officials announced Thursday.
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi promised four years ago that Democrats would lead "the most honest, most open, most ethical Congress in history." But as her party defends its record with its majority in jeopardy, two prominent Democrats await ethics trials.
ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A former defense lobbyist who helped clients secure more than $100 million in contracts in recent years has pleaded guilty to funneling more than $300,000 in campaign contributions to House members controlling the Pentagon's budget.
WASHINGTON - Citing improvements in Colombia's human rights record, the Obama administration on Wednesday freed up more than $30 million in assistance to the country's military to help it fight leftist insurgents and other drug-funded illegal armed groups.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Rumeal Robinson, who led Michigan to the NCAA men's basketball championship in 1989 and later played in the NBA, was convicted in federal court Wednesday of borrowing more than $700,000 for a sham business deal and then spending the money on a condominium, expensive furniture and cars.
- Judge blocks charges against US military supplier
- Orexigen signs $1 billion obesity drug deal
- Judge allows former Beazer exec free on bond
- Army contractor tells NY judge he accepted cash
- Spanish hostages freed by al-Qaida arrive in Spain
- Czechs ask US for help in jet fighters probe
- Universal Corp. to pay $9M to settle bribery probe
- Afghan businesses, troops accused of stealing fuel
- Ex-Pa. judge pleads guilty in kids-for-cash scheme
- Judge weighs arguments in Barnes & Noble fight
- DOJ: Dutch firm to pay $240M over bribery charges
- Murder case dropped in 1981 CA tribal slaying
- Afghan leader: Foreign contracts fuel corruption
- Technip agrees to pay $338 million in case
- Lawyer: US unit in military fraud case struggling
- Feds: Kuwaiti logistics firm fugitive from justice
- Swedish probe regarding rights report on Sudan
- Sweden probes role of Swedes in Sudan's fighting
- Firm once known as Blackwater gets Afghan contract
- APNewsBreak: ACLU, Idaho settle prison lawsuit
- Summary of actions by the Supreme Court on Tuesday
- HTC swipes back at Apple in patent dispute
- Summary Box: Nokia lobs another lawsuit at Apple
- Nokia lodges another complaint against Apple
- Crackdown targets counterfeiting network equipment
- Ex-Pa. judge to plead guilty in kickback scheme
- Feds pursue claims of US oil bribes in Venezuela
- Vet gets prison for faking paralysis to avoid Iraq
- Feds charge subsidiaries of Kuwaiti logistics firm
- Fundraiser charged in Mass. Catholic school ruse
- Limelight to license Twister Investments patents
- China-Australia gas deal as Rio Tinto trial ends
- China-Australia LNG deal as Rio Tinto trial ends
- AP sources: Daimler to pay $185M settlement
- Rio Tinto exec facing commercial secrets charges