CAIRO - The Egyptian government ordered extra security and blocked cars from parking near churches as Coptic Christians prepared Thursday to attend Christmas Eve masses, less than a week after a deadly bombing targeted one of their churches in Alexandria.
CAIRO - Coptic churches across Egypt were preparing to hold Christmas masses Thursday night, less than a week after a bombing outside a church in the city of Alexandria killed 23 people.
CAIRO - Two more people died of injuries sustained from a New Year's Eve attack outside a church in Egypt, pushing the death toll to 23, official media reported Tuesday.
CAIRO - Authorities in Egypt imposed tight security around churches across the country Sunday, in the wake of a suicide bombing outside a church in Alexandria that 21 people and injured nearly 100.
CAIRO - At least three people were killed and 11 wounded in an explosion near a church in Egypt's Alexandria city, hospital sources told Xinhua early Saturday.
- Al Qaeda leader hiding in Yemen: report
- France rejects Al Qaeda demands over hostages
- Al Qaeda demands France leave Afghanistan in return for hostages
- Bin Laden blames French ‘injustices’ for hostage taking
- Bin Laden tape focuses on disaster relief
- Egypt mogul gets 15 years jail instead of death
- Al-Qaida claims kidnapping of 5 French in Niger
- Egyptian police crack down on anti-Mubarak protest
- Report: Libya detains Canadian spy suspect
- Top Hamas official arrested in Egypt
- Among Egypt's Christians, few question Church rule
- Egyptian officials to be tried in Van Gogh theft
- Posters for Egypt's spy chief as president removed
- Group promotes Egypt's spy chief for president
- HRW urges Bahrain investigate torture claims
- Egyptian minister questioned in van Gogh theft
- Egypt deputy minister detained over van Gogh theft
- Faulty alarms blamed for van Gogh theft in Egypt
- Security lapses blamed for van Gogh theft in Egypt
- Egyptian minister: Search still on for van Gogh
- Egyptian police recover stolen Van Gogh painting
- Thieves steal Van Gogh painting from Cairo museum
- Saudi judge considers paralysis punishment
- Report: Saudi judge considers paralysis punishment
- Lockerbie bomber fuels anger just by staying alive
- Bahrain arrests 4 Shiite activists amid clashes
- Egyptian woman tells TV of alleged police rape
- Amnesty: Lawyer in Iranian stoning case missing
- US att'y general: Probe seeking Afghan leak source
- Al Qaeda accuses Arab leaders of surrender to Israel
- Al-Qaida cleric: Yemen to be Obama's Afghanistan
- 2 police charged in brutal killing
- HRW urges Egypt probe police in case of beaten man
- Terrorist sentenced to death in Egypt
- 2 German aid workers abducted in Darfur