SAN FRANCISCO - Three defendants accused of savagely beating and starving a teenager who was held in chains in a Northern California home for more than a year pleaded guilty Friday in a deal intended to send them each to prison for 30 or more years.
PITTSBURGH - Twenty-two people have been charged with conspiring for a decade to fly cocaine from California to Pittsburgh while bypassing airport security measures.
SAN FRANCISCO - An Irish priest faces extradition after evading a trail of sex abuse complaints by shuttling between his native country and the U.S., serving in California parishes and eventually retiring in a waterfront suburb.
STOCKTON, Calif. - Six California teenagers are being held on $3.5 million bail each after being charged in the death of a 14-year-old boy who was beaten and stomped at a Stockton city park.
STOCKTON, Calif. - Police are investigating an overnight shooting that left two people dead and five wounded in Stockton, Calif.
- Lawsuit: Church protected abusive Salesian priest
- Records: Girl's killer 'calm, calculating'
- Records: Killer of CA girl swallowed razor blade
- Family tries to block release of girl's autopsy
- Calif. girl's family want to block autopsy report
- Parents get apology, no motive, in murder of girl
- Killer of Calif. girl found in suitcase gets life
- Sunday school teacher gets life term for CA murder
- Sunday school teacher to be sentenced in killing
- Victims decry church payments to molester priest
- CA city's police union fights layoffs with signs
- Judge won't release details of Calif girl's murder
- Family of slain CA girl opposes ending gag order
- News media seek to lift gag order in Huckaby case
- Calif. woman pleads guilty in Sandra Cantu murder
- Calif woman guilty in death of daughter's playmate
- Guilty plea in cattle scam that bilked Sutherland
- Snapshots of Catholic priests accused of abuse
- Police probe handling of suspect in girl's killing