SEATTLE - Washington state's schools chief on Wednesday suspended the teaching certificate of a teacher convicted of inappropriately touching girls and then brought back into the classroom after a short suspension.
RALEIGH, N.C. - Protesters and police scuffled Tuesday at a school board meeting in North Carolina over claims that a new busing system would resegregate schools, roiling racial tensions reminiscent of the 1960s.
RALEIGH, N.C. - A group of protesters upset over a North Carolina school board's decision to eliminate a busing policy focused on diversity has been arrested for disrupting the board's meeting.
RALEIGH, N.C. - The head of North Carolina's NAACP chapter was arrested Tuesday as advocates prepared to confront a county school board that voted to eliminate a busing policy focused on diversity.
DETROIT - The former president of the Detroit School Board appeared in court Tuesday to face charges he fondled himself in front of the woman who was then the district's superintendent.
- Police report: UGA AD urged officer not to arrest
- Suit returns Pa. 'sexting' district to spotlight
- Priest asks for prayers for Va. lacrosse suspect
- LA schools finds 300 improper contractor hirings
- CA school board member pleads guilty to sex abuse
- School board member pleads guilty to sex abuse
- Cameras make Chicago most closely watched US city
- 3 arrested as NC school board reverses busing plan
- 1 arrest at NC school board over busing policy
- Pa. school official defended in webcam spy case
- Official: No red flags in accused shooter's file
- 2 principals shot at Tennessee school on snow day
- Ex-La. congressman's brother sentenced to 10 years
- Racial bullying roils a Philadelphia high school
- Family: Calif. school board member slain in Mexico