BELL, Calif. - It was the first regularly scheduled City Council meeting in the corruption-riddled Los Angeles suburb of Bell since eight current and former city officials were charged with looting city funds - but it didn't happen.
BELL, Calif. - The City Council for the corruption-riddled Los Angeles suburb of Bell had to cancel its regularly scheduled meeting Monday when four members facing criminal charges didn't show up.
LOS ANGELES - One of four City Council members charged with illegally paying hugely inflated salaries to themselves and other officials to run a blue-collar Los Angeles suburb resigned Monday, hours before the council was scheduled to hold its first meeting since the members were marched off to jail in handcuffs.
TRENTON, N.J. - The New Jersey governor who resigned after he announced he was a "gay American" says he's "filled with great sadness" at the suicide of a Rutgers University student.
CHILTON, Wis. - A Wisconsin prosecutor facing removal from office over accusations that he abused his position in seeking relationships with vulnerable women will resign instead, his attorney said Monday.
- Wis. gov. working on complaints about 'sexting' DA
- Republican's financial woes recast Ga. race
- Wis. prosecutor tried to keep 'sexting' case quiet
- Guinea president says 'republic is in danger'
- Mexican immigration official quits after massacre
- Ex-Hartford, Conn., mayor gets 3 years in prison
- Doubts growing about Sunday election in Guinea
- Police accuse Boxer aide of marijuana possession
- Bahamas drops charges in Travolta extortion case
- World Series tix could get NY governor in trouble
- NY gov could face charge over Yankees-Phillies tix
- Ex-judge: Possible criminal charges for NY gov
- Mum's the word? Likely not for broke Blagojevich
- City of Bell says it has terminated 'loan program'
- Bell OKs property tax cuts amid state scrutiny
- Atty: Top Detroit cop, subordinate had affair
- DA probes voter fraud allegations in Calif. city
- Detroit police chief resigns in a surprise move
- Key Pakistani counterterrorism official resigns
- Mexican president replaces top security official
- Filipino coup suspect says new prez is legitimate
- Hartford mayor to submit resignation Friday
- Hartford mayor convicted of corruption steps down
- Hartford, Conn., mayor convicted of corruption
- Naoto Kan elected Japan's prime minister
- Japan's prime minister steps down over US base row
- Japan's prime minister steps down over base row
- National intelligence director resigning
- Greek officials quits over singer husband's taxes
- Jamaican prime minister rejects calls to resign
- Jamaica PM faces mounting calls for resignation
- Judge blamed for Russian jail death resigns
- China mayor told to resign after villagers kneel
- Thai poll body says ruling party must be dissolved
- AP Exclusive: Kyrgyz uprising seizes security HQ