NAIROBI/ABUJA - A series of new bomb attacks, including on the market in the Nigerian capital of Abuja where New Year is usually celebrated, claimed a number of lives Friday evening.
NAIROBI/LAGOS - A series of bomb attacks on Christmas eve left at least seven people dead in Nigeria, a news report said Saturday.
NAIROBI/ABUJA - Nigeria's military has secured the release of 19 hostages being held by militants in the oil-producing Niger Delta, officials close to the operation said.
NAIROBI, Kenya - The EU Naval Force says that a Taiwanese fishing vessel that was reported to have been hijacked by pirates was never attacked.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Somali pirates seized a Taiwanese fishing vessel with 14 crew onboard in the southernmost hijacking yet, the European Union Naval Force said on Friday.
- Suspected German terrorist arrested in Kenya
- 15 die in bombing at Nigerian I-day parade
- EU: Somali pirates hijack ship with 15 Indian crew
- Pirates seize cargo ship off Somalia's coast
- Somali Islamists storm broadcaster
- Pirates hijack cargo ship in the Gulf of Aden
- Kenyan court convicts, sentences 7 Somali pirates
- Kenya allows Int'l Criminal Court to open office
- Roadside bomb kills eight in Somalia
- Russians kidnapped in Darfur as American released: UN
- Sudan leader defies arrest warrant, visits Kenya
- Kenya seizes 2 tons of ivory destined for Asia
- Politicians among 60 dead in Somalia clashes (Second Lead)
- 10 politicians among 42 dead in Somalia clashes
- Kenyan court sentences 2 TB patients to 8 months
- Kenya accused of illegally transferring 4 suspects
- Somali radio station asks for journalist's release
- Kenyan accused of harboring Uganda terror suspects
- Somali pirates leave hijacked ship after 1 day
- Somali pirates seize cargo ship with 24 crew
- Kenya votes on new constitution amid high security
- EU helicopter repels pirate attack in Gulf of Aden
- Somali pirates hijack ship with Indian crew
- Somali pirates hijack cargo ship with 23 crew
- 11 Somali pirates get decade in Seychelles prison
- FBI begins probe into Uganda terrorist bombings
- 74 dead in Uganda blasts (Third Lead)
- 64 dead in Uganda bombings (Second lead)
- 50 dead in bombings in Uganda
- 33 killed in twin bombings in Uganda
- Somali pirates seize chemical tanker in Red Sea
- Violence rises in Rwanda as election nears
- Pirates hijack ship carrying antifreeze chemical
- SAfrica arrests 6 in attempt on exiled Rwandan
- US lawyer jailed in Rwanda: US Embassy didn't help