OSH, Kyrgyzstan - Down the entire length of Navoi street in this southern Kyrgyz city, piles of sand await use as construction materials by homeless ethnic Uzbeks.
OSH, Kyrgyzstan - A journalist for a U.S.-funded radio station went on trial Thursday in Uzbekistan on charges including slander and posing a threat to public order, an Uzbek rights group said.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - International advocacy groups condemned the life sentence handed to a leading rights activist in Kyrgyzstan, saying Thursday that his trial was marred by violence and procedural irregularities.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - Kyrgyz forces fired live ammunition, tear gas and stun grenades into the air to disperse hundreds of anti-government protesters Thursday and arrested their leader, raising fears of new instability in the turbulent Central Asian nation.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - Election officials in Kyrgyzstan say the Central Asian nation's public has overwhelmingly backed a new constitution.
- Kyrgyz leader says new constitution approved
- Kyrgyzstan holds vote only weeks after riots
- Kyrgyz leaders take risky bet on referendum
- Kyrgyz investigators exhume bodies of riot victims
- Kyrgyz arrest Bakiyev relative accused in unrest
- Heroin trade a backdrop to Kyrgyz violence
- US envoy urges independent probe into Kyrgyz riots
- Kyrgyzstan charges rights advocate with incitement
- Uzbeks allege rapes, say troops let violence occur
- Kyrgyz army tries to get control in riot-hit south
- Red Cross: 'several hundred' dead in Kyrgyz unrest
- UN urges Kyrgyz to hold vote despite deadly unrest
- Uzbeks flee Kyrgyzstan, seek safety at border
- 100,000 Uzbek refugees seek safety at border
- Kyrgyzstan demands toppled leader's extradition
- Kyrgyz ex-interior minister arrested
- Briton's arrest in Kyrgyzstan raises concerns
- Officials take weapons from ousted leader's family
- Officials take weapons from Bakiyev compound
- Former Kyrgyz defense minister arrested
- Kyrgyz leader must come to capital or face arrest
- Heavy shooting breaks out again in Kyrgyz capital
- AP Exclusive: Kyrgyz uprising seizes security HQ
- Govt: 40 dead, 400 wounded in Kyrgyzstan unrest
- Anti-govt protests sweep Kyrgyzstan, 100 said dead
- Anti-govt protests rock Kyrgyzstan, 17 said dead
- Anti-govt protests sweep Kyrgyzstan, 17 said dead
- Police shoot 4 dead at Kyrgyzstan opposition rally