KATHMANDU - As Nepal's Maoist party formally handed over its guerrilla army to the state, reminiscences by veteran fighters revealed how their 10-year "People's War", which killed over 16,000 people, had begun with firearms once used by Tibetan rebels to fight the Chinese occupation of Tibet.
KATHMANDU - It was not a desire to change the world but his grinding poverty that made Nar Bahadur Sunuwar join the underground Maoist guerrillas when he was only 12.
KATHMANDU - Undeterred by his party's failure to turn Nepal into a military state constitutionally, Maoist supremo Pushpa Kamal Dahal is now urging all students to become "troops" and turn all universities and colleges into barracks.
KATHMANDU - A young Muslim from Nepal, who had been held in an Indian prison for eight months on suspicion of being involved in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, has been freed on bail, a media report here said Tuesday.
KATHMANDU - Though he never came to Nepal, slain Cuban revolutionary Ernesto Che Guevara remains one of the best-known foreign faces in the Himalayan republic that nursed a 10-year Communist revolution of its own.
- Nepal finally feels WikiLeaks heat
- Nepal Maoists condemn Indian operation against rebels
- Nepal’s Maoist chief under fire for India bashing
- Nepal’s Maoist chief urges war on India
- Nepal PM says no proof of Maoists training Indian peers
- Nepal rebuts Indian charge of training Maoists
- Nepal Army dragged into Indian Maoists’ training row
- India asks Nepal about clandestine Maoist training
- UN doubts Nepal will meet deadline on Maoist guerrillas
- Nepal Maoist army denies training Indian peers
- Nepal war long over, but 1,300 still missing
- Charles Sobhraj Case Verdict Comes Today
- Mystery shrouds Assam ultra leader’s arrest in Nepal
- UN spotlight puts Maoist child soldier in peril
- Pune blast compensation eludes Nepal victim’s kin
- Nepal car bomber amassed bombs, rocket launcher
- Kathmandu car bomb mastermind caught
- Car bomb blast in Kathmandu over derailed constitution
- Another Hindu militant group on rise in Nepal?
- India advised Nepal king to destroy Maoists: Report
- Bomb blast outside Nepal’s Constituent Assembly building
- Nearly 20 terrorists entered India via Nepal: Indian envoy
- Kashmir solution imperative: Pakistani PM
- Nihalani’s film on Maoist movement touches chord in Nepal
- Start talks with Maoists, Nepal peers tell India
- No link with Kobad Ghandy now, say Nepal Maoists
- India faces twin Maoist problem in Nepal
- UN mission in Nepal extended by nearly four months (Lead, Changing dateline)
- Five foetuses found in Nepal’s holy river
- Pakistan using Nepal links to fund anti-India operations?
- Nepal ex-minister’s son held in currency, drugs racket
- Nepal ex-minister’s son held in fake currency, drugs racket
- Ruchika Girhotra-like case erupts in Nepal
- ‘Nepal church, mosque bombers funded by Indian groups, armed by ULFA’
- Nepali mum arrested for killing, burning infant