NEW YORK - Jurors on Thursday were trying to decide whether a son accused of posing online as a Judaic studies professor to avenge his scholar father was guilty of identity theft.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is pushing to make it easier for the government to tap into internet and e-mail communications.
NEWARK, N.J. - Federal authorities in New Jersey say they've broken up a large-scale identity theft and fraud ring that stretches from the insular Korean enclaves of northern New Jersey to U.S.
NEWARK, N.J. - Federal prosecutors in New Jersey have announced charges against 53 people stemming from an identity theft and fraud investigation.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio man has pleaded guilty in a $400,000 fraud that used stolen identities to file more than 100 false federal income tax returns.
- NYC man accused in nationwide identity theft scam
- Ill. trucker rebuilding life after identity theft
- Jury convicts man of stealing trucker's identity
- Judge approves Countrywide ID theft settlement
- Police: Arizona soldier victim of identity theft
- AP IMPACT: New ID theft targets kids' SS numbers
- Man says alleged spy stole brother's ID
- Puerto Ricans targeted in massive ID theft schemes
- Man who posed as Texas student faces 6 felonies
- Pa. abduction hoax mom accused of law firm thefts
- ID theft retrial in Palin hacking hinges on appeal
- Jury convicts on 2 charges in Palin e-mail hacking
- Palin e-mail jury trying to agree for fourth day
- Jurors deliberate 6 hours in Palin e-mail case
- Jurors in Tenn. get Palin e-mail hacking case
- Defendant in Palin hacking case won't testify
- Census Bureau concerned about head count problems
- US govt effort against ID theft said to fall short
- Deputies raid 4 Ariz. McDonald's in ID theft case
- Lawyer: Dem fundraiser, banker will plead guilty
- LifeLock will pay $12M to settle false claims case
- 3 charged with SoCal gas pump ID theft
- Israel: No reason to think Mossad killed Hamas man
- Calif. man sentenced to prison for credit scam
- Hacker pleads guilty in Mass. to fraud case
- ID theft settlement gets preliminary approval