Graft And Conflicts Of Interest
NEW YORK - The former president of a small community bank earned the distinction of being the first person convicted of ripping off the federal bailout program by pleading guilty Friday to fraud charges and admitting that he tried to grab more than $11 million in taxpayer rescue funds.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's state broadcaster says it has warned low-paid journalists to stop taking bribes from politicians or selling information to online news sites.
JOHANNESBURG - One of the accused in the attempted murder of an exiled Rwandan general offered a $1 million bribe to police to release him upon arrest, a South African court said Thursday.
HARTFORD, Conn. - Lawyers for the former mayor of Hartford, Conn., have filed an appeal of his conviction on five corruption charges.
WASHINGTON - A former Marine has pleaded guilty to accepting a $25,000 bribe in exchange for awarding numerous contracts to a Lebanon-based company at Camp Fallujah in Iraq.
- Casino owners, senators charged in Ala bingo probe
- US Supreme Court rejects Miss. corruption case
- Survey finds corruption tainting legal profession
- Nogales, Ariz., mayor arrested on bribery charges
- Germany's Daimler to add integrity executive
- NY crane co. official gets prison for bribery
- Pakistan court orders government to probe graft
- China fines Toyota finance arm for alleged bribery
- American Samoa education official indicted
- Ex-auditor pleads guilty in Ohio corruption case
- Executive pleads guilty in UN kickback scheme
- Ex-Hartford, Conn., mayor gets 3 years in prison
- Nigeria: 2 senior security officials killed
- FACT CHECK: Obama's tone shifts on health care
- Summary Box: US widens probe in HP bribery case
- US widens probe of HP bribery allegations
- China anti-corruption boss sentenced to death
- Senegal prostitutes look forward to Ramadan's end
- US Def Sec: Afghans should lead corruption fight
- Gen. Petraeus calls relationship with Karzai sound
- Senior Chinese police officer condemned for graft
- Feds: Ruling led to dismissal against Westar execs
- Prosecutors drop case against former Westar execs
- Mexico City mayor files lawsuit against cardinal
- Report: Bribes fuel corruption in Nigeria police
- LA film couple sentenced in Thai bribery case
- Summary Box: Hewlett-Packard cooperating in probe
- Hewlett-Packard cooperating in int'l bribe probe
- Czechs ask US for help in jet fighters probe
- Calif couple could face 10-year sentence for bribe
- Complexities may deadlock Blagojevich jurors
- Blagojevich jurors suggest they may be deadlocked
- Merck discloses probe of foreign sales practices
- Kazakh bribe case fizzles; man pleads to tax count
- NY man accused of Kazakhstan bribery pleads guilty