SAN FRANCISCO - The sponsors of California's gay marriage ban have asked an appeals court to stop a federal judge's order allowing same-sex weddings to begin next week.
SAN FRANCISCO - The federal judge who struck down California's gay marriage ban said Thursday that same-sex weddings can resume next week unless an appeals court intervenes before then.
SAN FRANCISCO - The federal judge who struck down California's gay-marriage ban said Thursday that same-sex weddings can resume next week unless an appeals court intervenes before then.
TOLEDO, Ohio - A couple is accused of extorting money from at least seven people around the country through a dating service phone scam by convincing them that they had sent racy photos and messages to the cell phone of the couple's 11-year-old child.
SAN FRANCISCO - A lawyer for supporters of California's gay marriage ban argued Wednesday in a landmark federal trial that Proposition 8 was constitutional because limiting marriage to opposite-sex couples ensures children have the benefits of being raised by biological parents.
- Lawyer: Gays denied right by Calif marriage ban
- Malawi gay couple keep low profile after pardon
- Malawi gay couple freed after presidential pardon
- Under pressure, Malawi's leader pardons gay couple
- Malawi's president: pardon and release gay couple
- Malawi's president pardons, releases gay couple
- Gay couple sentenced to maximum 14 years in Malawi
- Gay couple convicted in Malawi faces 14-year term
- Malawi: Judge convicts gay couple
- Malawi: Gay couple found guilty
- For same-sex couples, a patchwork of marriage laws
- NJ teen denies killing engaged couple, 3 others
- NJ man accused of killing engaged couple, 3 others
- Judge: No school prom but lesbian's right violated
- Calif. gay marriage trial re-enacted on Internet
- Malawi government defends gay couple's prosecution
- Witness: Gay marriage made her feel like family
- Historian: Prop 8 played on anti-gay stereotypes
- Judge has tough questions in CA gay marriage trial
- High-stakes gay marriage trial to begin in Calif.
- Va. woman fails to give up child to ex-partner
- Vt. judge: Birth mom must give child to ex-partner