BEIJING - Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Saturday said his party favoured resumption of the India-Pakistan dialogue, but only after Islamabad dismantled all terrorist training camps in its territory and stopped cross-border terrorism from its soil.
JINZHOU, China - The world's newest Nobel Peace Prize winner remained unreachable in a Chinese prison Saturday, while his wife's mobile phone was cut off and the authoritarian government continued to censor reports about democracy campaigner Liu Xiaobo's honor.
BEIJING - Imprisoned Chinese democracy campaigner Liu Xiaobo on Friday won the Nobel Peace Prize - an award that drew furious condemnation from the authoritarian government and calls from world leaders including President Barack Obama for Liu's quick release.
BEIJING - A bitter China has denounced the awarding of the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize to Liu Xiaobo and said the decision would hurt relations with Norway.
BEIJING - A worldwide survey shows that lawyers in many countries think corruption has tainted their profession, with more than one in five saying they have been asked to take part in possibly shady transactions, according to results released Monday.
- Contender for Nobel prize is in Chinese prison
- Top bet for Nobel Peace Prize is in Chinese prison
- China sentences 2 to death for child trafficking
- Beijing firm investigated for running 'black jail'
- Chinese man accused of making terror handbook
- Group urges Nobel award for Chinese dissident
- Japan to release Chinese boat captain amid dispute
- China says 4 Japanese filmed military targets
- 7 arrested in China's latest tainted milk scandal
- China halts ministerial-level contacts with Japan
- Chinese opposition activist released from prison
- China postpones visit to Japan amid ship dispute
- Chinese blind activist lawyer released from prison
- China anti-corruption boss sentenced to death
- China's blind activist lawyer released from prison
- Blind activist lawyer set to be released in China
- Report: 4 Tibetans fatally shot in mine dispute
- NKorea's reclusive Kim on unexpected China visit
- Senior Chinese police officer condemned for graft
- China anger after 8 tourists die on hijacked bus
- BHP bets on crop boom with hostile Potash bid
- Group: Tibetan businessman gets life in prison
- China appliance chain Gome sues jailed founder
- China police rescue 22 abducted women, children
- Drunken man kills 11 in China tractor rampage
- Chinese activists speak out for jailed Uighur
- China jails 3 Uighurs for sites deemed sensitive
- Rio Tinto and Chinalco sign iron ore deal
- Gang members arrested in China corruption case
- China sentences Uighur writer to 15 years in jail
- Tiny mushrooms blamed for 400 deaths in SW China
- Tiny, toxic mushrooms kill hundreds in China
- Monk arrested in slayings of priest, nun in China
- Priest, nun in underground Chinese church killed
- China rejects criticism of US geologist's sentence