NEW DELHI - The Indian home ministry's plan to have an over-arching body for intelligence sifting has found no favour with two security think-tanks that worked separately to promote reforms in the country's spy agencies.
KABUL - The governor of Afghanistan's Kunar province said Sunday 65 people, including civilians and anti-government militants, were killed by NATO-led forces in operations over the past four days.
WASHINGTON - The United States has warned its citizens that while it has no specific threat information about the ICC Cricket World Cup in the Indian subcontinent, such large, high-profile events can be targets for terrorist attacks.
NEW DELHI - Defence Minister A.K.
LONDON - A defector, whose information was used by the US to justify the Iraq war, has admitted for the first time that he lied about the secret biological weapons programme as he "had the chance to fabricate something to topple the regime".
- Ship with nine Indian crew hijacked, proceeds to Somalia
- Empowered councils way forward in northeast: Chidambaram
- Bangladesh hands over three ULFA rebels
- Britain faces wave of suicide attacks: WikiLeaks
- Al Qaeda may have plotted five attacks on 9/11: WikiLeaks
- Al Qaeda’s dirty bomb poses risk of nuclear 9/11: WikiLeaks
- Guard against religious fundamentalism, new terror, states told (Roundup)
- Karnataka says Maoist menace almost eliminated
- Serious challenges to internal security: PM
- 17 dead in Somalia shootout
- India probing Somali pirates’ terror links
- Indian culture, military might unfold at R’Day (Second Lead)
- Chhattisgarh Police hunt for abducted colleagues
- Northeast snubs separatists to celebrate R-Day
- High costs ground Pakistan gunships in terror war
- Maoists threaten Indian democracy: Governor
- Menon to visit Washington to prepare for strategic dialogue
- Anti terror panel blames `insufficient’ security for Moscow blast
- Three killed by suspected Maoists
- Security alert in northeast over R-Day boycott
- Chhattisgarh police warn ICRC, MSF on treating Maoists
- US, Canada to help Russia with nuclear counterterrorism centre
- Delhi, Dhaka discuss terror, border firing in talks
- Using army against Maoists not desirable: Army chief
- Army seeks revision in rules of engagement in Maoist-hit areas
- Government to pump in Rs 6 bn to fight Maoists
- Israeli troops kill man mistaken for Hamas leader
- Taliban bomb expert captured by NATO
- Tight security in Egypt ahead of Coptic masses
- Attempted hijack of Turkish plane thwarted
- Afghan security forces launch offensive against Taliban
- Yasin Malik wants judicial probe into valley unrest deaths
- Pioneers of India’s n-energy programme to help US
- US seeks to scan travellers at Pakistani airports
- Maoist protest hits life in Chhattisgarh