SCRAPER, Okla. - Ellen Thompson remembers the first time she came to the Illinois River in 2006 to kayak: She saw cattle - and their droppings - alongside the river and heard tales that the waters were infested with poultry manure.
WASHINGTON - Tim Strain was a victim of prescription drugs, not an abuser.
FRESNO, Calif. - The federal government is considering giving Central California farmers some massive water infrastructure to settle a lawsuit over drainage problems that killed birds and left farmland too salty for crops, according to a draft proposal obtained by The Associated Press.
KHAN BANI SAAD, Iraq - A $40 million prison sits in the desert north of Baghdad, empty.
WASHINGTON - Food and Drug Administration chief Margaret Hamburg, beset with an egg-and-salmonella food safety challenge, said Monday the agency must move from a reactive to preventive enforcement strategy.
- FDA looking for source of tainted eggs
- Trafigura fined 1 million in hazardous waste case
- Trafigura fined euro1 million in hazardous waste case
- Ill ex-prison employees blame US gov. program
- State samples air, water near Calif. toxic dump
- Dutch prosecutors: Trafigura knew of toxic cargo
- Wal-Mart to pay $27.6M in California dumping case
- Wash. sues to stop feds from abandoning Yucca site
- Body parts found at Kansas medical waste company
- EPA adds 2 Ill. sites to Superfund priorities list