DAKAR, Senegal - To kidnap seven foreigners from inside their homes, al-Qaida-linked gunmen in northern Niger forced their way past the security cordon of one of the world's most heavily guarded mining towns.
DAKAR, Senegal - International human rights group Amnesty International said in a Wednesday report that prisoners in Senegal are routinely abused and the perpetrators rarely face punishment.
DAKAR, Senegal - Wearing white to symbolize purity, worshippers throughout this African capital gathered to pray on one of the final nights of Ramadan.
DAKAR, Senegal - One of Africa's most vicious rebel groups has killed at least 255 people over the past 18 months in a largely unreported campaign of abductions and massacres in Congo and the Central African Republic, a human rights group said in a report sent to journalists Thursday.
DAKAR, Senegal - When police hauled Floribert Chebeya Bahizire in for questioning in March, they made him get down on the floor and held a gun to his head during the interview.
- Drugs return to Guinea-Bissau, destabilizing it
- US Special Forces, Marines train African armies
- Senegal criticized for abusive Islamic schools
- Study: Civilian rape skyrockets in Congo's east
- Even after death, abuse against gays continues
- UN: Cocaine being traded for arms in West Africa
- No. 2 leader leaving Guinea for Senegal
- No. 2 leader leaving Guinea for medical treatment
- Guinea's No. 2 leader being medically evacuated