Race And Ethnicity
RICHMOND, Va. - Local governments cannot opt out of a federal program that checks the fingerprints of people who are arrested against a database to determine if they are illegal immigrants, the head of the U.S.
OSH, Kyrgyzstan - Down the entire length of Navoi street in this southern Kyrgyz city, piles of sand await use as construction materials by homeless ethnic Uzbeks.
SCRANTON, Pa. - Prosecutors and defense attorneys clashed Wednesday over whether two Pennsylvania men were motivated by hatred of Hispanics when they took part in the fatal assault of an illegal Mexican immigrant two years ago.
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - One night two summers ago, an illegal immigrant from Mexico brawled with a gang of white teens from Shenandoah, an old mining town in the coal fields of northeastern Pennsylvania.
TRENTON, N.J. - A man whose hoax 911 call led state troopers to draw their guns while stopping a van carrying minority teenage students was sentenced Thursday to 90 days in jail.
- Hitler-tattooed supremacist apologizes for attack
- Man convicted of killing Phoenix woman over slur
- Radical Islam on rise in Balkans
- Chavez meets with Venezuela's Jewish leaders
- Rights groups slam Kyrgyz activist's life sentence
- Daley dynasty: 1 family rule of Chicago nears end
- LA gang member convicted in hate-crime murder
- Chavez to talk with Jewish leaders in Venezuela
- Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe
- Ohio restricting Puerto Rican birth certificates
- Police: Slovak shooter angry over neighbors' noise
- Informant takes stand in NY temple plot case
- FBI tracked desegregation suit against Bryant
- FBI tracked desegration suit against Bryant, 'Bama
- Mom believes suspected serial stabber is innocent
- Prosecutor: knife in serial stabbing suspect's car
- Stabbing spree suspect arrested at Atlanta airport
- Police: Suspected stabber had prior Va. arrest
- Man arrested at Atlanta airport in stabbings spree
- Some job-screening tactics challenged as illegal
- Hunt for suspected serial killer hits 3 states
- Va. attacks investigated for link to Mich. killer
- South Africa journalists fight proposed media laws
- Beer warehouse shooter long complained of racism
- Cops mum on probe of Conn. shooter's racism claim
- Mich. police search for suspected serial killer
- Kurds have conflicted role in Turkish military
- Conn. shooter told 911 he 'handled the problem'
- Shooter in Conn. massacre claimed racism in call
- Co.: Conn. shooter was selling beer to 3rd party
- 911 call on Conn. shooting shows racial disparity
- Girlfriend: Conn. gunman 'dazed' before rampage
- 911: Conn. shooter chased people in parking lot
- Girlfriend: Conn. gunman was racially harassed
- Police: Gunman at beer warehouse targeted managers