QUITO, Ecuador - A court issued an order Thursday authorizing the jailing of 12 police officers and a police colonel while prosecutors investigate last week's police uprising that resulted in five deaths.
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador's interior minister said Wednesday that 46 police officers have been detained for alleged participation in the police revolt against President Rafael Correa that claimed five lives.
QUITO, Ecuador - Three police colonels were under criminal investigation Saturday for failing to prevent a massive protest by their subordinates against President Rafael Correa that spun out of control, claiming at least five lives.
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuadorean officials are considering possible charges against three police colonels for failing to prevent massive protests by their subordinates that left five dead.
QUITO, Ecuador - Police in Ecuador say 15 people were killed and at least seven injured when a drunken man drove an SUV into a crowded bus stop in the coastal city of Guayaquil.
- El Salvador: 3rd migrant survived Mexico massacre
- Police nab alleged smuggler of Ecuadorean migrant
- Ecuador says 2nd migrant survived Mexico massacre
- DEA: Seized submarine quantum leap for narcos
- Indian town drops death penalty in murder case
- Chavez criticizes US as arrests stir concern
- Ecuador journalist convicted of insulting official
- Six Ecuadorian soldiers killed in plane crash