MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine woman who acknowledged giving birth to a baby on a flight from the Middle East and then leaving him in the trash on the plane said she was raped by her employer, a lawmaker said Thursday.
TEHRAN, Iran - An American woman released by Iran on Tuesday after more than a year in prison flew out of the country to the nearby Gulf nation of Oman to be reunited with her mother after a $500,000 bail was paid to win her freedom.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - What began last month with the arrest of an opposition leader in Bahrain has mushroomed into a full-blown political offensive in the tiny Gulf nation with big fault lines: U.S.-allied Sunni rulers against members of a Shiite majority being cast as coup plotters who could open the door to Iranian influence.
KHARTOUM, Sudan - Sudan is seeking the arrest of the leader of Darfur's most powerful rebel group, which froze peace talks with the government a week ago.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. plans to close the book on the bomb scare aboard a Denver-bound airliner after receiving assurances from Qatar that the diplomat who touched off the panic will be sent home, officials said.
- Diplomat was headed to meet jailed terrorist
- AP sources: Diplomat was to meet jailed terrorist
- UN meeting rejects proposed one-off ivory sales
- Tanzania, Zambia bid for one-off ivory sales fail
- Zambia's ivory proposal rejected by UN body
- UN rejects Tanzania request for one-off ivory sale
- Tanzania proposal for ivory sale fails
- Tanzania, Zambia demand one-off sales of ivory
- Demise of coral, salamander show impact of Web
- UN approves tiger action plan
- UN Agency: Tiger on verge of extinction
- Bluefin tuna tops CITES conference agenda in Doha
- Tensions rise as Yemen says it can fight al-Qaida
- Tensions grow as US heightens role in Yemen
- Clinton: Yemen poses global risk