Protests And Demonstrations
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A Guantanamo prisoner who has been on a hunger strike for more than five years is occasionally eating solid food, but is still underweight and suffering from a medical condition likely caused by his protest, officials say in recently filed court documents.
MUMBAI, India - Police arrested 24 Hindu nationalists after they barged onto the set of a hit Indian reality television show Tuesday to protest its inclusion of two actors from Pakistan - India's historic archrival.
NEW YORK - A patron at the Stonewall Inn, a powerful symbol of the gay rights movement since protests over a 1969 police raid there, was tackled to the floor and beaten in an anti-gay bias attack over the weekend, authorities said Monday.
QUITO, Ecuador - Three police colonels were under criminal investigation Saturday for failing to prevent a massive protest by their subordinates against President Rafael Correa that spun out of control, claiming at least five lives.
MANILA, Philippines - Government prosecutors on Friday charged a popular Manila artist and tour guide with offending Roman Catholics after he disrupted Mass at the capital's main cathedral to protest the clergy's opposition to contraception.
- Families of dead Iranian prisoners want justice
- Hundreds protest FBI raids on anti-war activists
- About 100 arrested in mountaintop mining protest
- Attorney: FBI targeting social justice advocates
- FBI serves terrorism warrants in Minn., Chicago
- Pakistan to fight for terrorist convict's release
- US walks out of Ahmadinejad UN speech
- US walks out on Ahmadinejad's UN speech
- Egyptian police crack down on anti-Mubarak protest
- ACLU sues Pittsburgh police over post-G-20 conduct
- Greek truckers march to parliament
- Pope meets with abuse victims as thousands protest
- Los Angeles activists protest police shooting
- Pope meets with victims, tells UK he's sorry
- Pope tells UK he's sorry but thousands protest
- Los Angeles activists to protest police shooting
- Chicago police officers rally against dept. head
- Officer arrested in death of SAfrican teen
- 'Appalled' Pa. gov. shuts down reports on protests
- Iranian defector applies for asylum in Norway
- Indian police accuse Kashmiri leader of treason
- Different pope, different times for British trip
- LA protests underscore frustration of immigrants
- 9/11 politicized by mosque, Quran controversies
- Calm prevails in LA neighborhood after protests
- 4th night of police protests in LA; no violence
- Report: LA officer involved in previous shootings
- Report: officer involved in previous shootings
- LA police chief booed at community meeting
- LA police chief greeted by boos at meeting
- LA police move to quell more shooting protests
- LA police quell 2nd protest over fatal shooting
- Swaziland activists march, 2 leaders arrested
- Police arrest separatist leader in Indian Kashmir
- LAPD brass plead for calm; protesters egg station