PLACERVILLE, Calif. - California kidnapping victim Jaycee Dugard and her two young daughters will be spared from having to testify in open court any time soon following a grand jury indictment of the couple charged with kidnapping and holding her captive for 18 years, a prosecutor said Friday.
PLACERVILLE, Calif. - A judge temporarily suspended criminal proceedings Friday against the man accused of kidnapping Jaycee Dugard when she was a child and holding her prisoner for 18 years, citing worries about the defendant's mental state.
PLACERVILLE, Calif. - Prosecutors say a Northern California teen accused of killing her mother has reached a deal that will have her pleading guilty and testifying against her former boyfriend.
PLACERVILLE, Calif. - In a story April 15 about Jaycee Dugard, who was kidnapped and held captive for 18 years, The Associated Press misidentified a suspect in the case in one reference.
PLACERVILLE, Calif. - Prosecutors have amassed an overwhelming amount of evidence against a California man charged with kidnapping, raping and holding Jaycee Dugard captive for nearly two decades, a prosecutor said Thursday.
- STORY REMOVED: US--Kidnapped Girl Found-Claims
- Judge: Dugard suspects can talk to each other
- Lawyer: Jaycee Dugard kidnapper is mentally ill
- Jail: No visits between Dugard's alleged abductors
- Prosecutor: Dugard nixes contact with suspects
- Prosecutor: Kidnap victim nixes contact with pair
- Judge sets $20M bail for Calif. kidnap suspect
- Calif. judge orders teen, lover tried for murder