SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Preliminary election results released Sunday indicate that Bosnia's three-person presidency will remain deadlocked over the nation's future, with two leaders of the ethnically divided country advocating unity and a third pushing for the country's breakup.
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - With the top candidates fiercely at odds over Bosnia's future, voters cast ballots Sunday in elections likely to further entrench their nation's ethnic divisions and threaten possible EU entry.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Three journalists detained for suspected links to Taliban propaganda networks were freed in Afghanistan after angry reactions from media advocates and President Hamid Karzai's call for their quick release.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan officials released the first partial results from last week's parliamentary elections on Thursday amid mounting allegations of fraud in a poll seen as a test of the Afghan government's commitment to rooting out corruption.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan officials plan to release the first partial results Thursday from last week's parliamentary election amid mounting allegations of fraud in a poll seen as a test of the Afghan government's commitment to rooting out corruption.
- Egyptian police crack down on anti-Mubarak protest
- Sri Lankan ex-army chief convicted of fraud
- Afghans protest US church's plans to burn Quran
- Bahrain steps up pressure on Shiite 'plotters'
- 5 kidnapped Afghan campaign workers found dead
- Suriname president falls ill, cedes power to No. 2
- Bold Iraq ship heists by robbers say officials
- Iraqi official say ship robberies were petty crime
- Chavez a no-show as Suriname's ex-dictator returns
- Suriname under scrutiny as ex-dictator returns
- Kyrgyz troops fire on protesters, arrest leader
- Kyrgyz leaders take risky bet on referendum
- Kyrgyz army tries to get control in riot-hit south
- Red Cross: 'several hundred' dead in Kyrgyz unrest
- UN urges Kyrgyz to hold vote despite deadly unrest
- 2 candidates from Iraq's Sunni-backed party killed
- Iraqi cleric: political impasse must end in 1 week
- Iraqi official says Iranian troops cross border
- 3rd Iraqi candidate from Sunni-backed party killed
- Naoto Kan elected Japan's prime minister
- Former dictator, rebel forge alliance in Suriname
- Ex-dictator's party biggest bloc in Suriname vote
- Suriname debates former dictator's possible return
- Former dictator could gain power in Suriname
- Thai PM: No early elections until violence ends
- Official: No fraud found in Iraq's election
- Iraqi vetting commission to end election work
- Egypt extends emergency law despite protests
- Egypt government seeks extension of emergency law
- Thai protesters OK poll date but set new demands
- Thai PM offers reconciliation plan, election date
- Former PM urges interim government in Iraq
- Top al-Qaida in Iraq leader killed northern Iraq
- Top al-Qaida leaders killed in Iraq, US says
- Thai PM not planning crackdown on protesters