Obstruction Of Justice
NEW ORLEANS - Two New Orleans police officers were charged Thursday with lying under oath about the shooting death of a man outside the city's convention center in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath, the latest case generated by a broad Justice Department probe of the police department.
HOUSTON - A judge on Thursday dismissed charges against a third defendant in a problematic Enron-related case marred by overturned convictions and flawed legal theory.
WASHINGTON - Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc. has agreed to pay more than $313 million and plead guilty to obstruction of justice, distribution of the then-unapproved drug Levothroid and illegal promotion of Celexa for use in treating children and adolescents suffering from depression.
WICHITA, Kan. - The Justice Department is targeting more than 60 hunters across the nation for allegedly poaching deer during guided hunts at Camp Lone Star in Kansas, a court document shows.
HOUSTON - Lawyers for a former federal judge sentenced to nearly three years in prison for obstruction of justice are seeking to have the sentence overturned.
- Judge sets ex-mogul Conrad Black's bond at $2M
- Bond $2 million for ex-media mogul Conrad Black
- Ex-media mogul Conrad Black may leave prison Wed.
- Trying Conrad Black again won't be easy: Experts
- Court grants bail to jailed ex-media mogul Black
- Ex-press magnate Black seeks bail pending appeal
- Ex-Mich. congressman pleads guilty to obstruction
- 16 protesters arrested in Ala bingo casino raid
- Ex-Chicago officer's torture case may not be last
- Ex-Chicago cop convicted of lying about torture
- Former police lt. convicted of lying about torture
- Verdict reached in Chicago police torture trial
- Jurors weigh Chicago cop's word against 5 felons
- Prosecutor: Chicago cop was a calculating torturer
- Deliberations begin in Chicago cop torture trial
- Retrial delayed for ex-Merrill Lynch exec
- Jury starts deliberations in Burge's torture trial
- Burge says he chose boat name Vigilante at random
- Fired Chicago police lt. denies torturing suspects
- Victims are no angels in Ill. police torture case
- Ex-Detroit mayor faces possible jail time
- Ill. man says he has nightmares about police abuse
- Ex-Detroit mayor spends first night in prison
- Ex-Detroit mayor gets up to 5 years in prison
- Ex-Detroit mayor sentenced to 5 years in prison
- Jury selection begins in Ill. police torture trial
- Documents: Utah man beat boy, used hammer on face
- Dismissed murder conviction setback for military
- Ex-NSA worker pleads not guilty in leak case
- Marine's murder conviction of Iraqi dismissed
- Court dismisses murder conviction of Calif. marine
- Feds: Blackwater president had 'scofflaw attitude'
- NC judge: Former Blackwater head can remain free
- Feds indict former Blackwater president, 4 others
- APNewsBreak: Feds indict ex-Blackwater president