ZUNI, N.M. - Zuni silversmith Tony Eriacho stands behind tables of American Indian jewelry and crafts that are not what they seem.
SAN FRANCISCO - For more than two hours on the night of May 16, 2007, Shane Maggi terrorized a Native American couple at their home on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation in Montana, pistol whipping them and firing bullets above the husband's head.
BUFFALO, N.Y. - A federal judge on Tuesday temporarily blocked New York state's plans to tax cigarette sales by two American Indian nations to non-Indian customers while the tribes challenge the policy shift as a threat to sovereignty and their financial well-being.
MEXICO CITY - The parents of a Finnish activist killed when a humanitarian caravan was ambushed in a remote Indian region of Mexico pleaded on Tuesday for justice in the case.
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - President Barack Obama has signed a bill he says will address the unique public safety challenges facing American Indian tribes.
- Obama to sign Tribal Law and Order Act
- Tribal Law and Order Act clears Congress
- House approves Tribal Law and Order Act
- Theft suspect arrested after running out of gas
- Murder case dropped in 1981 CA tribal slaying
- Mexican reporters on gov't tourism trip kidnapped
- 2 protesters arrested at Michigan mine site
- DOJ adds prosecutors to fight Indian Country crime
- Blackfeet woman sees end to 14-year govt fight
- Leader of Mexico Indian community, wife killed
- Rasta inmates spend 10 years in isolation for hair
- Ambush highlights Mexico's lingering land fights
- Authorities rescue 2 stranded Mexican journalists
- Ad campaign targets meth use in Indian Country
- Jury acquits suspect in '75 SD reservation slaying