BRANFORD, Conn. - FBI agents and police officers surrounded a tractor-trailer at a travel stop on Interstate 95 in Connecticut on Friday night after a report of suspicious activity, but they found that the truck posed no danger to the public, authorities said.
NEW YORK - Members of a street gang discovered one of their recruits was gay, so they attacked the teen, brutally beating and torturing him and two other people in gruesome assaults, police said Friday.
LYNWOOD, Ill. - The arrest of a small-town police officer for the seemingly random shootings of three people surprised his family and neighbors Friday even as it brought relief to residents on the Illinois-Indiana border where the shootings took place.
NEWARK, N.J. - The former mayor of Perth Amboy, N.J., and an aide have been convicted of mail fraud, election finance violations and lying to authorities.
OSH, Kyrgyzstan - Down the entire length of Navoi street in this southern Kyrgyz city, piles of sand await use as construction materials by homeless ethnic Uzbeks.
- Mexico: US wavers in drug war with Calif. pot vote
- Controversial artwork won't be returned to display
- Colo. museum won't replace torn controversial art
- Tijuana gains some bounce amid Mexico's drug war
- NJ casino adopting 'Boardwalk Empire' theme
- Yemen arrests 7 suspects in attack on UK diplomat
- Ex-Detroit mayor strikes out at appeals court
- Former Conn. mayor appeals corruption conviction
- Fire ravages UK landmark Hastings Pier
- Soaring cabbage prices hit kimchi-loving SKoreans
- Corruption-riddled city cancels council meeting
- Scandal-plagued Calif city cancels council meeting
- Ca councilman arrested in salary scandal to quit
- Human Rights Court: Mexico responsible for rapes
- Judges want to bear arms after Philippine shooting
- Pa. men face 2nd trial in immigrant beating death
- Ex-Peru rebels, out prison, run for elected office
- Mexico officials: Mayor killed in $6,000 hit
- Boston shooting kills 4, including toddler; 1 hurt
- Nogales, Ariz., mayor arrested on bribery charges
- 4 dead, including child, 1 hurt in Boston shooting
- Beggars mostly gone from New Delhi during games
- 2nd deadly shooting has Ohio church mourning anew
- Calif measure shows state's conflicted link to pot
- Mexico nabs drug trafficker poised to replace capo
- Former police chief investigated in S. Calif. city
- Small-town mayors targeted by Mexican drug gangs
- Mexican mayor slain in drug-plagued northern state
- Pakistan to fight for terrorist convict's release
- Time crunch for Emanuel in Chicago mayor race
- Niger kidnappings show group getting bolder
- Prosecutors: Corruption ingrained in Calif. city
- Mexico prepares plan to protect journalists
- Ex-Detroit mayor wants stripper lawsuit thrown out
- Prosecutors say corruption ran deep in Calif. city