TOKYO - A Japanese court on Monday convicted two members of the environmental group Greenpeace of stealing whale meat they claim was intended for illegal consumption.
BOSTON - Developers of a proposed Nantucket Sound wind farm were cleared to move forward Tuesday when Massachusetts' high court rejected a claim that the project sidestepped local opposition to win a key permit.
CHICAGO - Five states are asking a federal judge in Chicago to take emergency action to close two shipping locks and install barriers to prevent Asian carp from overrunning the Great Lakes via a "carp highway." At the first hearing in the case Monday, Judge Robert M.
LOS ANGELES - U.S. Fish and Wildlife agents are trying to find a Los Angeles man who disappeared before his court hearing on charges of smuggling piranha fish and freshwater stingrays.
COOKE CITY, Mont. - Montana wildlife officials say they have captured the fourth and final grizzly bear believed involved in the fatal mauling of a Michigan man at a campground near Yellowstone National Park.
- Woman recounts bear attack as caught grizzly ID'd
- Grizzly caught after MT mauling that killed MI man
- Judge orders tougher look at fire retardant drops
- Japan deports convicted NZ anti-whaling activist
- Advocates: Wolf case a test for endangered species
- Federal judge blocks Alaska's wolf-kill plan
- Judge hears both sides in Alaska wolf-killing case
- Alaska judge sets hearing on plan to kill wolves
- Judge rejects Alaska plan to begin killing wolves
- Australia sues Japan over controversial whaling
- Vigil at Michigan mine site ends with 2 arrests
- Australia to take Japan to court over whaling
- Anti-whaling activist pleads guilty in Tokyo trial
- Judge orders Calif water pumping limits lifted
- So. Ariz. man pleads guilty in jaguar's death
- 7 charged in LA with smuggling endangered fish
- Supreme Court stays out of Asian carp dispute
- Endangered sturgeon fish flourishing in Wisconsin
- 2 from ship that smashed Australian reef arrested
- Japan indicts activist who boarded whaling ship
- Demise of coral, salamander show impact of Web
- UN approves tiger action plan
- Bluefin tuna tops CITES conference agenda in Doha
- Japan arrests whaling activist for boarding ship
- Sushi chef charged with serving illegal whale
- Sushi restaurant, chef charged over whale meat
- Under blockade, coastal Gaza now a fish importer
- Whaling protester to be charged in Japan
- Whaling protester secretly boards Japanese boat
- Official: 4 sea lions, 1 seal shot near Seattle
- Official: At least 5 sea lions shot near Seattle
- Mass. man guilty of smuggling ivory, whale teeth
- Kenya fishermen see upside to pirates: more fish
- AP News in Brief