HARARE, Zimbabwe - Illegal occupiers on an animal reserve in southern Zimbabwe have killed hundreds of animals and torn down several miles (kilometers) of protective fencing, a conservation group said Friday.
JOHANNESBURG - South African police said Wednesday that they have arrested 11 suspected members of a major rhino poaching ring which they said had been linked to many rhino poaching incidents.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Conservationists must protect tiger populations in a few concentrated breeding grounds in Asia instead of trying to safeguard vast, surrounding landscapes, if they want to save the big cats from extinction, scientists said.
TOKYO - A Japanese court on Monday convicted two members of the environmental group Greenpeace of stealing whale meat they claim was intended for illegal consumption.
NEW DELHI - India should protect its elephant population by securing its wildlife reserves, curbing poaching and restricting development in the corridors they use to travel between forested areas, a panel recommended.
- Panel: India must create more elephant reserves
- Bear attack highlights lax Ohio exotic pet laws
- Baby tiger found stuffed in bag at Thai airport
- Kenya seizes 2 tons of ivory destined for Asia
- Group wants to end setting dogs on chained bears
- Ted Nugent pleads no contest to deer baiting in CA
- BLM probes foal death at CA-NV wild horse roundup
- Myanmar triples size of northern tiger reserve
- 4th bear caught after deadly MT campground attack
- Mont. officials await test results in bear attack
- Woman recounts bear attack as caught grizzly ID'd
- Grizzly caught after MT mauling that killed MI man
- South Africa reports surge in rhino killing
- Ariz. law comes after years of mounting anger
- Judge halts oil, gas development on Chukchi Sea
- Man caught smuggling 18 monkeys at Mexico airport
- Japan deports convicted NZ anti-whaling activist
- Japan court convicts NZ anti-whaling activist
- Restaurant serves lion burgers despite protests
- Grizzly suspected of killing man shot and killed
- Tons of bushmeat smuggled into Paris, study finds
- Advocates: Wolf case a test for endangered species
- Nepal orders probe into slaughter of rhinos
- Poachers kill 10 elephants in Zimbabwe
- Japan prosecutors demand jail for whaling activist
- Federal judge blocks Alaska's wolf-kill plan
- Judge hears both sides in Alaska wolf-killing case
- Alaska judge sets hearing on plan to kill wolves
- Judge rejects Alaska plan to begin killing wolves
- Australia sues Japan over controversial whaling
- Yellowstone proposes shooting bison with vaccine
- Rhino poaching in South Africa rising, expert says
- Australia to take Japan to court over whaling
- Anti-whaling activist pleads guilty in Tokyo trial
- 32 rare black rhinos to fly to Tanzania to breed