WASHINGTON - Scotland's prognosis that the Lockerbie bomber had three months to live was not justified, medical experts told Congress on Wednesday, and a senator questioned whether the process was deliberately manipulated to pave the way for the bomber's release from prison last year.
WASHINGTON - A senator says that he's uncovered conflicting accounts of the treatment of the Lockerbie bomber prior to his release by Scotland last year on compassionate grounds.
WASHINGTON - A State Department official said Wednesday that a review of government records found no evidence that oil company BP sought to secure the early release of the Lockerbie bomber from a Scottish prison.
WASHINGTON - A Senate impeachment panel wrapped up hearings Tuesday on corruption charges facing a Louisiana judge who could become just the eighth federal judge to be removed from the bench.
- Colombia gov't has tenuous hold on rebel haven
- NJ senators vow to reschedule BP-Lockerbie hearing
- Senate hearing on Lockerbie bomber postponed
- Scottish official to skip US Lockerbie hearing
- Scotland declines to attend US Lockerbie hearing
- US defendants in court ahead of expected spy swap
- Plea hearing set for ex-congressman in terror case
- Kagan explains flap over military role at Harvard
- Kagan: Applying Constitution is justice's job
- Kagan pledges deference to Congress
- Kagan practices answers, poise in mock hearings
- SC Dems hearing protest over US Senate primary
- 2 Sudanese rebels appear at war crimes court
- Jose Canseco testifies before DC grand jury
- AP National News Calendar
- As Marshall clerk, Kagan was wary of conservatives
- Voters turn away from high-profile party switcher
- Goldman CEO, 'Fabulous Fab' facing Congress
- Toyota hearings may lead to new auto safety rules
- Toyota apologizes for handling of safety issues
- Driver recalls 6 miles of highway terror in Lexus
- Toyota faces federal, congressional probe
- Intel chief concedes errors in Christmas bomb case
- AP News in Brief