KIGALI, Rwanda - President Paul Kagame called Rwanda's election democratic and predicted victory after years of economic growth, though critics said political repression and attacks in the run-up to Monday's vote ensured he faced no real competition.
KIGALI, Rwanda - A Rwandan opposition leader who had been missing for a day was found dead Wednesday near the border with Burundi, officials said, and a colleague said it may have been a targeted killing.
KAMPALA, Uganda - The Rwandan refugee was walking home one night when four men jumped him and put him in a stranglehold.
KIGALI, Rwanda - Rwanda's electoral commission barred Hutu opposition figure Victoire Ingabire from running for president because she allegedly denied the country's genocide occurred, officials said Friday as complaints grew of a government crackdown.
KIGALI, Rwanda - An ethnic Hutu opposition candidate who hoped to run for president in Rwanda has been denied the right to appear on the ballot because of charges of denying the country's genocide, party officials said Friday.
- US lawyer jailed in Rwanda: US Embassy didn't help
- US attorney charged in Rwanda to travel to Kenya
- US attorney charged in Rwanda to return home soon
- Rwanda court grants medical release to US lawyer
- Rwanda court grants medical bail to US lawyer
- Rwandan court to rule Thursday on jailed US lawyer
- Rwandan judge says no bail for US lawyer
- US law professor charged in Rwandan court
- US calls for Rwanda to release professor
- Police: US lawyer held in Rwanda attempts suicide
- Rwandan police arrest US lawyer
- Rwanda muzzles candidate, fearing genocide return
- French officials arrest widow of Rwandan leader
- French officials arrest widow of ex-Rwandan leader
- French president in Rwanda in 1st visit in 25 yrs
- Diplomatic pitfalls in Sarkozy's trip to Rwanda
- Rebel leader accused of genocide lives in Paris