MEXICO CITY - U.S. and Mexican officials are just now fully employing a gun-tracing program touted as a key deterrent to weapons-smuggling, nearly three years after it was first announced in Mexico and weeks after an inspector general's preliminary report called it underused and unsuccessful.
ATLANTA - A veteran federal judge faces drug and firearms charges after an exotic dancer at an Atlanta strip club told authorities he used cocaine, marijuana and other illegal drugs with her.
JOLIET, Ill. - A judge has dismissed a felony weapons charge against former suburban Chicago police officer Drew Peterson.
WASHINGTON - A report being released Monday by a mayors group finds that nearly half of the guns that crossed state lines and were used in crimes in 2009 were sold in just 10 states.
PHOENIX - A federal agency trying to stop guns from being smuggled from the United States into Mexico for use by drug cartels has formed teams in seven American cities to combat the problem.
- UN starts talks on global arms trade treaty
- Alleged 'Barefoot Bandit' to face Bahamas judge
- Guns could be a tough topic for Texas candidate
- Feds add weapons charges in Midwest militia case
- Gun taken from angry JetBlue pilot before flight
- Police take gun from JetBlue pilot
- APNewsBreak: Police take gun from JetBlue pilot
- Mexico charges 25 Acapulco police for drugs, arms
- Jamaica rapper Bounty Killer arrested again
- AP Exclusive: Charges eyed for ex-Blackwater boss
- Ex-Harvard student indicted in dorm shooting death
- Ex-Harvard student indicted in shooting death
- Fla. nightclub shooting victims sue rapper PLIES
- Lil Wayne NY sentencing put off for dental surgery
- Lil Wayne sentencing postponed for dental reasons
- Rapper Lil Wayne sentencing postponed
- Rapper Lil Wayne to be sentenced in NYC gun case
- Va. man arrested with arsenal, map of NY Army base
- Md. man gets 5 years for bomb-making chemicals
- N.O. man charged with threatening Obama
- Disney grandson pleads not guilty to drug charges