SCRANTON, Pa. - The trial of two white teenagers charged with a federal hate crime in the beating death of a Mexican immigrant focused Friday on an alleged cover-up orchestrated by police officers with close ties to the defendants.
SCRANTON, Pa. - Prosecutors and defense attorneys clashed Wednesday over whether two Pennsylvania men were motivated by hatred of Hispanics when they took part in the fatal assault of an illegal Mexican immigrant two years ago.
BELL, Calif. - The City Council for the corruption-riddled Los Angeles suburb of Bell had to cancel its regularly scheduled meeting Monday when four members facing criminal charges didn't show up.
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - One night two summers ago, an illegal immigrant from Mexico brawled with a gang of white teens from Shenandoah, an old mining town in the coal fields of northeastern Pennsylvania.
LOS ANGELES - The blue-collar suburb of Bell, already under investigation for possible misuse of funds and voter fraud, is also facing a federal probe into whether it violated the civil rights of Hispanics by deliberately targeting their cars for towing, officials said Friday.
- LA gang member convicted in hate-crime murder
- Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe
- Ohio restricting Puerto Rican birth certificates
- 4 teens sentenced in NY hate crime stabbing
- NY archbishop saddened by suspected bias attacks
- Denver groups want officers on video beating fired
- Attacks against Mexicans inflame tensions in NYC
- Hidden in Wis. national forest: marijuana megafarm
- Sheriff: 50,000 pot plants seized in Wis. forest
- Some job-screening tactics challenged as illegal
- Agents raid pot operation in Wis. national forest
- Conn. shooter told 911 he 'handled the problem'
- 2 NY men get decades in prison in hate crime death
- Ariz. governor considers changing immigration law
- Arizona sheriff not relenting after court ruling
- Dems, GOP warily eye Arizona immigration ruling
- Ariz. files appeal as sheriff launches new sweep
- Ariz. law comes after years of mounting anger
- No ruling after hearings on Ariz. immigration law
- Judge hears arguments over Arizona immigration law
- Ariz. gov attends hearing on immigration law
- Judge holds hearing on Arizona immigration lawsuit
- Judge in Ariz. case well-versed in immigration
- Utah identifies 2 allegedly behind immigrant list
- NY governor signs law limiting stop-frisk database
- Utah finds possible breach in immigrant list probe
- Utah agencies probe alleged illegal immigrant list
- AZ cops expect scrutiny of immigration enforcement
- Puerto Ricans targeted in massive ID theft schemes
- Hartford mayor convicted of corruption steps down
- Final NY hate crime stabbing suspect pleads guilty
- NY teen gets 25 years in hate crime stabbing
- NY teen faces sentencing in hate crime stabbing
- Ariz. immigration law divides police across US
- Univision forum held on Arizona's immigration law