Health Care Industry
NEW YORK - Novartis AG said Tuesday it will take a charge of $590 million during the third quarter as it discontinues development of a potential hepatitis C drug and an antifungal product.
PHILADELPHIA - A medical devices company will admit criminality and pay the maximum $23 million fine for illegally testing bone cement on about 200 spinal patients, three of whom died in surgery, U.S.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Friends and colleagues say Austin "Jack" DeCoster, owner of an Iowa egg farm at the heart of a massive salmonella recall, is at once a stubborn and "ruthless" businessman and a community benefactor who shares his wealth and counsels inmates about Christianity.
WASHINGTON - Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc. has agreed to pay more than $313 million and plead guilty to obstruction of justice, distribution of the then-unapproved drug Levothroid and illegal promotion of Celexa for use in treating children and adolescents suffering from depression.
- Zimbabwe court frees on bail US health workers
- Orexigen signs $1 billion obesity drug deal
- AP Impact: US wasted billions in rebuilding Iraq
- CEO: J&J let down public, must work to build trust
- Mexico may get anti-laundering limit on cash sales
- 2 bodies hung from bridge on road to Acapulco
- FEMSA guards found dead after Mexico shooting
- Africans text message to check if drugs are real
- Aging inmates straining prison systems
- Wealthy newcomer gains the edge in Fla. GOP race
- Merck discloses probe of foreign sales practices
- 2 Minn. women among 14 charged in terror probe
- 14 charged for supporting Somalia terrorist group
- 2 re-sentencings ordered in $1.9B Ohio fraud case
- 94 charged in Medicare scams totaling $251M
- 36 arrested in Medicare scams totaling $280M
- Border violence spills onto Mexican ranches, farms
- Toy company accused of laundering drug money
- Arena Pharmaceuticals in deal for obesity drug
- NY man's kidney transplant gave him woman's cancer
- Merck and Ariad restructure cancer drug deal
- Pharmaceutical firms agree to settle on Topamax
- Court says Vioxx lawsuit can proceed
- Judge rejects $296M plea deal for Guidant
- Europe trade deal could hit Indian generic drugs
- Drugmaker settles price-fraud lawsuit with Wis.
- Abbott ordered to turn over e-mails for govt probe
- Texas man threatened deadly force to stop abortion
- Judge mulls $296M plea deal for heart device maker
- Minn. hearing begins on Guidant $296M plea deal
- APNewsBreak: SC completes $12.7M deal with Pfizer
- Killer of Kan. abortion doctor faces life sentence
- US judge strikes down patent on cancer genes
- Media CEO: Journalist safety a challenge in Mexico
- Fla. woman gets prison for Mich. Medicare fraud