CONAKRY, Guinea - Guinea's prime minister has presided over a funeral for a former top electoral official on the day that was supposed to mark a historic runoff vote.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Guinea's interim president said he fears that the "republic is in danger" due to ethnic and political divisions ahead of the upcoming presidential election.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Supporters of the leading candidate in this weekend's historic presidential runoff election called Tuesday for Guinea's prime minister to step down, as doubts grew about whether the West African nation would go ahead with the vote.
CONAKRY, Guinea - A family friend says Guinea's election commission chief has died just days before a scheduled critical election.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Two senior voting officials have been charged with vote tampering and sentenced to one year in prison a week before Guinea's crucial presidential vote, in a court proceeding that not even their lawyers were informed of and which is bound to increase tensions before the poll.
- Guinea ex-army chief freed after arrest
- US names former Guinea dictator's son drug kingpin
- Mia Farrow calls on Guinea to help raped women
- Guinean commission report casts blame for massacre
- AP sources: Military boss arrested in Guinea
- Guinea junta swears in civilian as prime minister
- Guinean military appoints civilian prime minister
- Guinea chooses opposition leader as prime minister
- Guinea's junta leader agrees not to return home
- Guinea's leader says he's not returning home
- Guinea's military junta says leader must return
- Guinea's No. 2 heads to Burkina Faso to see leader
- Guinea leader arrives in Burkina Faso
- No. 2 leader leaving Guinea for Senegal
- No. 2 leader leaving Guinea for medical treatment
- Guinea's No. 2 leader being medically evacuated
- Official: Guinea junta chief's life not in danger