MADISON, Wis. - Republican Senate candidate Ron Johnson, who has campaigned against government subsidies to business, employs up to nine prison inmates at his plastics factories whose health care costs are paid by the state, according to records obtained by The Associated Press.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Saturday invoked the state secrets privilege which would kill a lawsuit on behalf of U.S.-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, an alleged terrorist said to be targeted for death or capture under a U.S.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The crime was horrifying enough - a nightclub owner, hacked to death with a machete, was found buried in pieces.
WASHINGTON - Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc. has agreed to pay more than $313 million and plead guilty to obstruction of justice, distribution of the then-unapproved drug Levothroid and illegal promotion of Celexa for use in treating children and adolescents suffering from depression.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama told voters repeatedly during the health care debate that the overhaul legislation would bring down fast-rising health care costs and save them money.
- Broke youth anti-crime groups want federal cash
- State Dept.: New York imam heading back to US
- State obscures elite Texas Rangers' border work
- NKorea deploying troops, weapons near Pyongyang
- Nurses fear even more ER assaults as programs cut
- Merck discloses probe of foreign sales practices
- Medicare's private eyes let fraud cases get cold
- Arizona helped deport thousands without new law
- Teva pays Fla. $27M in settlement
- 94 charged in Medicare scams totaling $251M
- 36 arrested in Medicare scams totaling $280M
- Blagojevich witness clashes with attorney
- Ill ex-prison employees blame US gov. program
- Former mortgage exec pleads not guilty in Va.
- Feds wasted millions in utilities program for poor
- Individual choices at stake as laws take effect
- Sexual predator treatment squeezes state budgets
- Grand jury indicts mortgage co. chief in TARP case
- Doctors, prosecutors clash over painkillers
- States closing youth prisons as arrests plunge
- Kan. doctor takes stand in overdose death trial
- UK's Cameron, Clegg finalize coalition deal
- Stepped-up Medicare fraud enforcement snags $2.5B
- New enforcement tools help fight health care fraud
- $2.5 billion recovered for Medicare trust fund
- Drugmaker settles price-fraud lawsuit with Wis.
- Mexico rejects church criticism of sex education
- Mass. dentist accused of fraud pleads not guilty
- Woman with 2 identities pleads guilty to fraud
- Phony products impress federal energy program
- Fla. woman gets prison for Mich. Medicare fraud
- New MSU program targets worldwide counterfeiting
- AG: Mass. dentist used paper clips in root canals
- Dems start countdown toward health care vote
- NYC ex-bank prez charged in bailout fraud