TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president intervened to secure the release of Sarah Shourd, one of three Americans jailed for more than 13 months, in part because of her gender, a news agency reported Friday.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran said Thursday it will free Sarah Shourd, one of three Americans jailed for more than 13 months, as an act of clemency to mark the end of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's envoy to the United Nations has confirmed that a female American held for more than a year will be released.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran said Thursday it will free one of three Americans jailed for more than 13 months as an act of clemency to mark the end of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
GENEVA - The Swiss government said Wednesday it has handed roughly half the names of wealthy Americans demanded by Washington to solve a tax evasion dispute involving Switzerland's biggest bank, UBS AG.
- Roche in drug development deal with US firm
- Over 100 humanitarian helpers killed in 2009: UN
- WADA official: US cycling probe 'could take years'
- Swiss drop Dignitas probe over urns in lake
- World parliaments criticize Israel, Cambodia
- UN: Vatican child rights report 13 years overdue
- Polanski only safe in France, Poland, Switzerland
- Swiss to make Polanski announcement Monday
- Swiss parliament clears way for US tax deal
- Swiss parliament resolves split over UBS deal
- Red Cross: 'several hundred' dead in Kyrgyz unrest
- UN urges Kyrgyz to hold vote despite deadly unrest
- Swiss parliament approves US tax deal on 2nd try
- Swiss released from Libya tells of 53-day solitude
- Swiss parties edge closer to ratifying US tax deal
- Joy as Swiss man home from Libya after 2 years
- Swiss lawmakers reject deal with US in UBS tax row
- Crunch vote looms for Swiss-US deal in UBS tax row
- UN expert: 'Targeted killings' may be war crimes
- Swiss don't want secret testimony in Polanski case
- Swiss take time on Polanski extradition decision
- Three detained in Switzerland for plotting blast
- Swiss police: US, Moroccan die in cliff fall
- Experts see Polanski extradition in coming months
- Swiss court rejects Gadhafi's reparation demand
- Red Cross: 8 staff kidnapped in eastern Congo
- Swiss to decide on Polanski after Calif. ruling
- Kidnapped Red Cross worker freed in Darfur
- UBS: Offshore probes in Britain, Canada, Australia
- UBS says IRS has 20 Swiss banks in its sights
- Libya demands diplomatic concessions from Swiss
- HSBC: data on 24,000 Swiss account holders stolen
- HSBC: data on 15,000 Swiss account holders stolen
- Europe wary of following Dubai killers' trail
- Swiss face 'holy war' with Gadhafi's Libya