ST. JOHNS, Ariz. - Handcuffed face down on the ground, Hugh Murray quickly realized who he had been hanging out with for two days at a remote campsite as he overheard law enforcement officials say that a man detained near him was the last of the three.
CHEQUAMEGON-NICOLET NATIONAL FOREST, Wis. - A suspected band of marijuana farmers accused of transforming part of a national forest in northeastern Wisconsin into their own private pot plantations left behind irrigation pits, clear-cutting of trees and bags of fertilizer.
MOSCOW - A band of 100 masked people staged a violent environmental protest in a quiet Moscow suburb, hurling Molotov cocktails and fireworks at city hall while objecting to plans for clearing a local forest for highway construction, Russian police said.
GRANTS PASS, Ore. - A federal judge Wednesday ordered the U.S.
MOSCOW - Russian police on Friday detained two journalists and 15 protesters at a suburban Moscow forest where they have been living to try to protect the woods from destruction.
- Judge suspends British activist's ouster from Peru
- British activist fighting expulsion from Peru
- Court upholds timber sales in Tongass Nat'l Forest
- Activists, officials laud verdict in nun's death
- Nuns face guns, impunity in trying to save Amazon
- AP IMPACT: Drug gangs taking over US public lands
- Industry loses lawsuit over Alaska forest logging
- Groups ask court to block Chevron arbitration bid
- Fight over drilling SW Colo. mountains in court