WASHINGTON - About 100 people were arrested Monday outside the White House while protesting against mountaintop removal mining, temporarily trading their freedom for a chance to highlight what they consider an environmental calamity.
SCRAPER, Okla. - Ellen Thompson remembers the first time she came to the Illinois River in 2006 to kayak: She saw cattle - and their droppings - alongside the river and heard tales that the waters were infested with poultry manure.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Illegal occupiers on an animal reserve in southern Zimbabwe have killed hundreds of animals and torn down several miles (kilometers) of protective fencing, a conservation group said Friday.
JOHANNESBURG - South African police said Wednesday that they have arrested 11 suspected members of a major rhino poaching ring which they said had been linked to many rhino poaching incidents.
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Thirteen families in the heart of the gas-rich Marcellus Shale say their water wells have been contaminated by poisonous fluids blasted deep underground by a drilling company using a technique at the center of a fierce nationwide debate.
- Feds target 60 hunters in Kansas hunting probe
- Study: To save tigers, protect key breeding areas
- Proposal: Calif. farmers could own water pipes
- Malaysian officials appeal 'Lizard King' sentence
- Malaysian snake smuggler sentenced to 6 months
- 95 snakes found in burst bag at Malaysia airport
- Mo., Premium Standard reach deal on hog odor issue
- Md. police kill Discovery gunman, 3 hostages safe
- Discovery gunman shot dead; 3 hostages safe
- Police: Discovery gunman shot; 3 hostages safe
- Panel: India must secure elephant reserves
- Panel: India must create more elephant reserves
- Bear attack highlights lax Ohio exotic pet laws
- Baby tiger found stuffed in bag at Thai airport
- Kenya seizes 2 tons of ivory destined for Asia
- Wounded buffalo kills Zimbabwean conservationist
- Jaguar rescued from poachers stars in Brazil movie
- Officials seek LA man accused of selling piranhas
- Myanmar triples size of northern tiger reserve
- Iran report: Cigarettes implicated in Western plot
- Judge orders tougher look at fire retardant drops
- South Africa reports surge in rhino killing
- BP says SEC, Justice looking at securities matters
- Man caught smuggling 18 monkeys at Mexico airport
- Judge suspends British activist's ouster from Peru
- APNewsBreak: Groups say Exxon violates US air laws
- British activist fighting expulsion from Peru
- Portland police re-opening Gore investigation
- Restaurant serves lion burgers despite protests
- Tons of bushmeat smuggled into Paris, study finds
- Egypt police catch man smuggling foxes, chameleons
- Advocates: Wolf case a test for endangered species
- Nepal orders probe into slaughter of rhinos
- Malaysian airport staff rescue smuggled tortoises
- Poachers kill 10 elephants in Zimbabwe