KHAN BANI SAAD, Iraq - A $40 million prison sits in the desert north of Baghdad, empty.
FORT WORTH, Texas - Military supervisors must have access to soldiers' personnel records and be aware of signs of potential workplace violence, the Defense Department said Friday in its final report on the Fort Hood shootings.
RIVERHEAD, N.Y. - On New York's Long Island, it's used to prevent drownings.
BOSTON - A Pittsburgh woman was arrested Tuesday for allegedly cheating advertisers and exhibitors out of thousands of dollars for a fake bridal show in Boston, and the FBI said she conducted similar scams in five other states.
PORT FOURCHON, La. - Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that federal authorities have opened criminal and civil investigations into the nation's worst oil spill, and BP lost billions in market value when shares dropped in the first trading day since the company failed yet again to plug the gusher.
- Israel boat raid sparks condemnations, protests
- Goldman case likely to unleash torrent of lawsuits
- Kidnapped Red Cross worker freed in Darfur
- Colo. gunman had grown increasingly erratic
- Police: Colo. gunman entered the school earlier
- Watchdog: Bailouts created more risk in system
- Obama to announce plan to respond to bioterrorism
- Panel: US not ready for bioterrorist attack
- Pentagon finds mistakes by officers over Hasan
- Gates: Military fails to spot danger within ranks
- Gates says Fort Hood review exposes problems
- Officials: Pentagon report faults Hasan's bosses
- AG Holder pressed on FBI's mortgage fraud focus
- Lawmakers urge improved defenses against extremism
- A look at economic developments around the globe
- 3rd version of Va. Tech massacre report released
- Business Highlights
- AP News in Brief
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts From Recent Editorials