Democratic Republic Of Congo
JOHANNESBURG - U.N. officials on Wednesday celebrated the arrest of a Congolese militia commander accused in gang rapes of more than 300 people, an easy and rare catch that happened only when he was handed over by fellow fighters.
JOHANNESBURG - The United Nations says the Congolese rebel commander arrested for allegedly leading fighters in the mass gang-rapes of more than 300 people was handed over to U.N.
JOHANNESBURG - Fellow rebels handed over the Congolese commander arrested for allegedly leading fighters in the mass gang-rapes of more than 300 people, a U.N.
KINSHASA, Congo - A man arrested after throwing rocks at President Joseph Kabila's motorcade committed suicide in his jail cell, a government press release said Monday, while human rights groups raised questions about his death.
WALIKALE, Congo - First the rebel soldiers told residents of the villages in the mineral-rich eastern Congo not to worry.
- UN reports over 500 rapes in eastern Congo
- Congo police arrest 3 men carrying elephant ivory
- Congo leaders: We begged UN to protect civilians
- Gunmen fire on plane carrying aid workers in Congo
- Congo: Army needs help to stop mass rape attacks
- Some 200 women gang-raped near Congo UN base
- Congo arrests 2 over Indian peacekeeper killings
- Charges sought in death of Congo leader Lumumba
- Lawyers: Murder of Congolese PM was war crime
- Congo activist's death reflects power struggle
- Congo sentences 2 Norwegians to death for spying
- Several arrested for Congo activist's death
- Head of large Congo human rights group found dead
- UN chief urges action against child soldiers
- New Congo rebel group sparks fears of more unrest
- Congo to start anew in case against 2 Norwegians
- Study: Civilian rape skyrockets in Congo's east
- Congo's army says Spanish hostage has been freed
- Red Cross: 8 staff kidnapped in eastern Congo
- Congo police arrest 2 soldiers in reporter's death
- Uranium-mining nations flout UN on nuclear terror
- Congo group accuses soldiers of killing animals
- A look at the International Criminal Court