Counterfeiting And Forgery
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - The former chief operating officer at the law firm run by convicted Ponzi scheme operator Scott Rothstein was sentenced Friday to the maximum 10 years in federal prison for her role in the $1.2 billion fraud.
PARIS - The lawyer for former French bank trader Jerome Kerviel says he is appealing a Paris court's verdict sending Kerviel to prison for three years and ordering him to pay a staggering euro4.9 billion ($6.7 billion) in damages.
PARIS - A Paris court has convicted former trader Jerome Kerviel guilty of all charges in one of history's biggest trading frauds, sentencing him to three years in prison and ordering him to repay Societe Generale SA the staggering euro4.9 billion ($6.72 billion) that the bank lost.
ST. PAUL, Minn. - A man who admitted forging 10,000 documents in a $3.7 billion Ponzi scheme allegedly led by Minnesota businessman Tom Petters has been sentenced to five years in prison.
ALGIERS, Algeria - A lawyer says a prominent Algerian anti-corruption activist has been convicted of forgery, after human rights organizations expressed fears the case was designed to silence him.
- Paris court upholds eBay counterfeiting conviction
- Africans text message to check if drugs are real
- Media clampdown fears in South Africa
- Polish court orders alleged Israeli spy extradited
- Google loosening rules on online ads in Europe
- Feds seize $100 million in counterfeit merchandise
- 11 indicted in large West Coast fake goods bust
- Internet crooks craft creative counterfeiting scam
- Trafigura fined 1 million in hazardous waste case
- Trafigura fined euro1 million in hazardous waste case
- Police: Pa. teacher faked inoperable brain tumor
- EU, BAT cooperate against illegal cigarette trade
- 2 get prison for roles in counterfeit Nike ring
- Officials ramp up security for All-Star Game
- Polish court orders Mossad spy suspect extradited
- DA: NYC money man faked Belgian royal ties in scam
- Census Bureau fires 2 in NY after forgery probe
- Mysterious ex-con draws comparison to Jason Bourne
- Mother of abandoned baby was victimized as a teen
- Paraguay jails US-Lebanese man tied to Hezbollah
- Ireland expels Israeli over forged passports
- Case worker for starved Pa. teenager gets 11 years
- Demjanjuk expert: Documents could be faked
- Israeli art detectives crack a forgery riddle
- Naples police break up phony iPhone ring
- NY prosecutors: Ex-Miss Russia forged prescription
- Underage slaughterhouse workers testify in Iowa
- Crackdown targets counterfeiting network equipment
- Guilty plea in cattle scam that bilked Sutherland
- Police seek couple who left Fla. boy at NYC church
- Police ID couple who ditched 3-year-old Fla. boy
- Government goes high-tech to redesign $100 bills
- Tech companies fear implications of trade pact
- Ex-congressman: Someone forged aide's pay increase
- Massa says someone forged aide's pay increase