NEW YORK - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi admitted Thursday that he accepted free travel and campaign contributions from a financier in exchange for investing hundreds of millions of dollars of state pension money with the businessman's firm.
NEW YORK - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has been charged with felony corruption in a "pay-to-play" scandal at the state pension fund.
NEW YORK - A former hedge fund manager in New York City has been convicted on federal charges he participated in a $7 million insider trading scam.
WASHINGTON - Senators pressed the Securities and Exchange Commission's chief enforcement official Wednesday to explain why the agency has yet to demote or fire staffers who waited 12 years to bring charges against an alleged major Ponzi scheme.
WASHINGTON - If you're looking for a senator's most recent report on personal finances, you can walk into an office in the Capitol complex, sit down at a computer and print out the report in a matter of minutes.
- Ex-IBM exec gets 6 months prison in Galleon case
- Sentencing set for ex-IBM exec
- Judge allows former Beazer exec free on bond
- Former Beazer executive in court on fraud charges
- Insurer says Texas financier must pay legal bills
- Lawyers blame ex-Conn. IBM exec's crime on affair
- J&J discloses more subpoenas over consumer recalls
- Merck discloses probe of foreign sales practices
- HP CEO forced to resign amid harassment claims
- HP CEO abruptly resigns amid harassment claims
- SEC accuses Dallas investors of insider trading
- 2 re-sentencings ordered in $1.9B Ohio fraud case
- BP says SEC, Justice looking at securities matters
- AIG agrees to pay $725M to investors in settlement
- Goldman paying $550M to settle civil fraud charges
- Goldman to pay $550M to settle civil fraud charges
- New trial ordered in NYC for ex-food service boss
- High court reins in prosecutors' use of fraud law
- Judge refuses to delay ruling on Gulf drilling ban
- High court sides with ex-Enron CEO Skilling
- Judge who nixed drill ban reported oil investments
- Judge who nixed drilling ban has oil investments
- Summary Box: Fraud charges against money manager
- Judge: Slaughterhouse manager will get 27 years
- SEC accuses money manager of fraud
- NY AG: 'Everyone does it' not a fraud defense
- Money manager arrested, accused of fraud
- Ex-CEO and CFO of Duane Reade convicted in NY
- AP IMPACT: Many Gulf fed'l judges have oil links
- SEC reaches $25M fraud settlement with Diebold
- NYC judge blasts Wall Street greed at sentencing
- Neb. businessman indicted in alleged fraud scheme
- Ex-Humboldt Creamery CEO pleads guilty to fraud
- Goldman discloses shareholder suits
- Goldman shares plunge as feds open criminal probe