FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - The former chief operating officer at the law firm run by convicted Ponzi scheme operator Scott Rothstein was sentenced Friday to the maximum 10 years in federal prison for her role in the $1.2 billion fraud.
NEW YORK - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi admitted Thursday that he accepted free travel and campaign contributions from a financier in exchange for investing hundreds of millions of dollars of state pension money with the businessman's firm.
NEW YORK - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has been charged with felony corruption in a "pay-to-play" scandal at the state pension fund.
NEW YORK - A former hedge fund manager in New York City has been convicted on federal charges he participated in a $7 million insider trading scam.
BELL, Calif. - The City Council for the corruption-riddled Los Angeles suburb of Bell had to cancel its regularly scheduled meeting Monday when four members facing criminal charges didn't show up.
- NY lawyer: Feds gamed system in hedge fund case
- Survey finds corruption tainting legal profession
- Brothers file bankruptcy plan in US Fidelis case
- Ill. hedge fund manager gets 6 years in fraud case
- Ex-adviser to athletes pleads guilty to $3M fraud
- NY crane co. official gets prison for bribery
- Calif. money manager in Madoff case dies at 84
- Boaters, campers credit lawsuit for improved river
- 2 Iowa women plead guilty to embezzling millions
- SEC official pressed on delays in Ponzi case
- SEC has toughened enforcement efforts, agency says
- INSIDE WASHINGTON: Judges' disclosures hard to get
- Executive pleads guilty in UN kickback scheme
- Ill. man gets 23 years for $77M Ponzi scheme
- Lawsuit: Gas drilling fluid ruined Pa. water wells
- Defendant pleads guilty in NJ in $880M fraud case
- Petters co-defendant Reynolds gets nearly 11 years
- Groups mount new challenge to Ruby Pipeline plan
- Ex-Conn. resident admits running $100M Ponzi scam
- Co-defendant sentenced to 7 years in Ponzi scheme
- Ex-IBM exec gets 6 months prison in Galleon case
- Sentencing set for ex-IBM exec
- 2 plead guilty in Wash. to massive tax scheme
- Martha Stewart Living sued over bedbug pad patent
- Celebrity adviser pleads guilty in NYC to fraud
- US widens probe of HP bribery allegations
- APNewsBreak: NY to seek info on cleanser contents
- Proposal: Calif. farmers could own water pipes
- Court rules against Ravens in logo dispute
- Appeals court rules against Ravens in logo dispute
- Star witness in Petters case sentenced to 1 year
- Mo., Premium Standard reach deal on hog odor issue
- New Jersey man pleads guilty to trade secret theft
- Federal agents descend on egg farms for 2nd time
- Dallas man pleads guilty in $535M oil, gas schemes