KINSHASA, Congo - A man arrested after throwing rocks at President Joseph Kabila's motorcade committed suicide in his jail cell, a government press release said Monday, while human rights groups raised questions about his death.
WALIKALE, Congo - First the rebel soldiers told residents of the villages in the mineral-rich eastern Congo not to worry.
KINSHASA, Congo - Police in southeastern Congo say they have arrested three men carrying six suitcases full of elephant tusks.
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's army needs more international help to prevent brutal rebel attacks such as the recent mass gang-raping in eastern Congo, a government spokesman said Thursday.
KINSHASA, Congo - A Congolese army spokesman says the army has arrested two men over the killing of three Indian U.N.
- Congo sentences 2 Norwegians to death for spying
- Several arrested for Congo activist's death
- Head of large Congo human rights group found dead
- New Congo rebel group sparks fears of more unrest
- Congo to start anew in case against 2 Norwegians
- Congo's army says Spanish hostage has been freed
- Congo police arrest 2 soldiers in reporter's death
- Congo group accuses soldiers of killing animals