Campaign Finance Improprieties
NEW YORK - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi admitted Thursday that he accepted free travel and campaign contributions from a financier in exchange for investing hundreds of millions of dollars of state pension money with the businessman's firm.
RALEIGH, N.C. - Federal prosecutors have issued a fresh round of subpoenas for a probe into John Edwards' campaign finances, an attorney for the two-time presidential candidate said Wednesday.
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - After the governor began raiding the state's electronic bingo halls, casino owners sent lobbyists to the Capitol with orders to make their Vegas-style parlors legal.
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - The owner of Alabama's largest casino, four state senators and several lobbyists face federal charges of conspiring to buy and sell votes for millions of dollars to get electronic bingo legalized, according to an indictment released Monday.
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi promised four years ago that Democrats would lead "the most honest, most open, most ethical Congress in history." But as her party defends its record with its majority in jeopardy, two prominent Democrats await ethics trials.
- Fla. GOP donors appeal ruling on Crist refunds
- Ex-lobbyist pleads to illegal campaign donations
- Fla. judge blocks GOP quest for Crist refunds
- APNewsBreak: Mass. AG candidate skirts finance law
- Aide to Conn. ex-rep. sentenced to 37 months
- Jackson Jr. speaks out about Blagojevich trial
- Ex-lobbyist to plead in earmarks probe
- AP source: Ex-lobbyist to plead in earmarks probe
- Ex-exec pleads guilty in Mass. campaign fund case
- Guilty plea expected in Mass. campaign fund case
- Ex-Ill. Gov. Ryan wants part of conviction tossed
- Real estate VP accused of campaign fund scheme
- Judge says Rod Blagojevich retrial will be in 2011
- Judge: Blagojevich might get 2 lawyers for retrial
- Judge: Rod Blagojevich retrial will be in 2011
- Prosecutors won't retry Rod Blagojevich's brother
- DeLay asks that trial be moved from liberal Austin
- Judge says Blagojevich jurors will get transcript
- Questions hang over Blagojevich corruption trial
- Utah antigambling laws kill raffle for police dog
- Blagojevich jurors tell judge they are stalled
- Jurors in Blago trial say they agree on 2 counts
- Lobbyist: What stories does he have to tell?
- Colorado gov. candidate makes deal to repay money
- Lobby firm owner charged with illegal donations
- Former Md. congressman's campaign settles FEC case
- Jury begins weighing Blagojevich corruption case
- Jury gets case in Blagojevich corruption trial
- Blagojevich's fate to be in the hands of jurors
- Attorneys offer competing portraits of Blagojevich
- Blagojevich attorney: He's a talker, not criminal
- Blagojevich lawyer says ex-governor not a criminal
- Blagojevich attorney: Government didn't prove case
- Fiery Blagojevich lawyer begins closing argument
- Blagojevich lawyer irks judge, may risk jail