DALLAS - A man convicted of murder after three bloodhounds allegedly matched his scent to the victim should be set free because the evidence against him was not legally sufficient, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals ruled Wednesday.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Conservationists must protect tiger populations in a few concentrated breeding grounds in Asia instead of trying to safeguard vast, surrounding landscapes, if they want to save the big cats from extinction, scientists said.
TOKYO - A Japanese court on Monday convicted two members of the environmental group Greenpeace of stealing whale meat they claim was intended for illegal consumption.
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - The biology professor charged with killing three Alabama university colleagues in a shooting rampage attempted suicide in jail early Friday, a person with knowledge of the case told The Associated Press.
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The murder charge brought against Amy Bishop for the 1986 shooting death of her brother in Massachusetts will definitely be used in any insanity defense for the killing of three university colleagues in Alabama, her attorney said Thursday.
- Rights conflict in Argentine court battle over DNA
- Australia to take Japan to court over whaling
- 32 rare black rhinos to fly to Tanzania to breed
- Dirty-bomb test for terror may aid cancer research
- Endangered sturgeon fish flourishing in Wisconsin
- US judge strikes down patent on cancer genes
- Police: Ala campus shooting suspect denied role
- Tanzania proposal for ivory sale fails
- Ala. professor accused of 3 killings fired
- Ala. professor accused of 3 killings is fired
- Ohio inmate ODs on pills hours before execution
- Ala. university shooting victim slowly recovering
- Suit seeks to bar genetically modified sugar beets
- Students return to Ala. university after shooting
- Ala. shooting suspect brilliant, but social misfit
- Mass. State Police reviewing '86 Bishop slaying
- Lawyer: Prof. accused in Ala. slayings remorseful
- Lawyer: Prof. accused in slayings likely insane
- Australia threatens Japan over whaling program
- Slain Ala. prof remembered as caring father figure
- Teachers' deaths decimate Ala. college department
- Whalers, activists clash again in Antarctic waters
- Students complained about prof charged in rampage
- Ala. prof's story begins with brother's 1986 death
- Official: No red flags in accused shooter's file
- Whaling protester to be charged in Japan
- Whaling protester secretly boards Japanese boat
- Oldest US death row inmate dead at 94 in Arizona
- Accused Alabama prof shot, killed brother in 1986
- Accused Ala. prof rare among workplace shooters
- Ala. prof accused of killing 3 was denied tenure
- Ala. prof accused of killing 3 in tenure dispute
- Prof. charged in 3 fatal shootings on Ala. campus
- Prof. charged in fatal shooting on Ala. campus
- Prof. in custody in fatal shooting on Ala. campus