KABUL, Afghanistan - British officials are in contact with the family of a British aid worker abducted in Afghanistan and are urgently trying to resolve the matter, they said Monday, as NATO forces stepped up pressure on insurgents in the Taliban heartland of Kandahar.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Three journalists detained for suspected links to Taliban propaganda networks were freed in Afghanistan after angry reactions from media advocates and President Hamid Karzai's call for their quick release.
KABUL, Afghanistan - President Hamid Karzai called Thursday for the quick release of three Afghan journalists - two held by the coalition and the other by Afghan intelligence officials.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan authorities said it was too early to judge the validity of the country's parliamentary ballot despite observers' reports of widespread fraud in the vote that was to help consolidate its shaky democracy.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan election observers urged President Hamid Karzai's government on Monday to allow an independent investigation into reports of widespread fraud during last weekend's parliamentary elections, including intimidation of voters and interference by powerful warlords.
- Afghans vote despite attacks; turnout appears low
- NATO asks for more troops for Afghanistan
- Afghans protest US church's plans to burn Quran
- Afghan president criticizes anti-terror strategy
- Afghan driver kills 3 Spaniards in base shooting
- Afghan driver kills Spanish officers, interpreter
- Afghan police recruit kills 2 Spanish officers
- Suicide car bomber kills 4 in southern Afghanistan
- 6 Americans on medical team killed in Afghanistan
- Medical charity: 6 Americans killed in Afghanistan
- Americans among 10 killed in northern Afghanistan
- Suicide bomber kills 7 Afghan police in north
- 6 guards fatally stabbed in Afghan bank heist
- 6 guards poisoned, beheaded in Afghan bank heist
- 2nd US Navy sailor's body recovered in Afghanistan
- 2nd US sailor's body recovered in Afghanistan
- Karzai: Target militants outside Afghanistan
- Afghan health team abducted; local official killed
- 5 Afghan health workers kidnapped in Afghanistan
- 5 Afghan health workers kidnapped in Kandahar
- Suicide attack kills Afghan policeman in Kandahar
- Afghan official assassinated, 2nd wounded in east
- 3 NATO troops and Afghan police official killed
- 2 NATO troops and Afghan police official killed
- Senior Afghan police official assassinated
- Afghan gov't: 63 drug smugglers, terrorists killed
- Gen. Petraeus arrives in Kabul to lead NATO forces
- USAID compound attacked in Afghanistan; 4 killed
- USAID compound attacked in Afghanistan; 2 killed
- NATO says district Afghan Taliban chief arrested
- UN vehicle shot in Afghan capital, driver wounded
- Witnesses say UN vehicle shot up in Afghan capital
- 2 Afghan men convicted for heroin trafficking
- Karzai condemns corruption, drug smuggling
- Suicide attack kills 40 at Afghan wedding party