Animal Poaching And Smuggling
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Illegal occupiers on an animal reserve in southern Zimbabwe have killed hundreds of animals and torn down several miles (kilometers) of protective fencing, a conservation group said Friday.
JOHANNESBURG - South African police said Wednesday that they have arrested 11 suspected members of a major rhino poaching ring which they said had been linked to many rhino poaching incidents.
WICHITA, Kan. - The Justice Department is targeting more than 60 hunters across the nation for allegedly poaching deer during guided hunts at Camp Lone Star in Kansas, a court document shows.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Conservationists must protect tiger populations in a few concentrated breeding grounds in Asia instead of trying to safeguard vast, surrounding landscapes, if they want to save the big cats from extinction, scientists said.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian prosecutors filed an appeal Wednesday against a six-month jail sentence of a notorious wildlife trader convicted of smuggling endangered snakes, saying the penalty was insufficient to deter wildlife trafficking.
- Malaysian snake smuggler sentenced to 6 months
- 95 snakes found in burst bag at Malaysia airport
- Panel: India must secure elephant reserves
- Panel: India must create more elephant reserves
- Baby tiger found stuffed in bag at Thai airport
- Kenya seizes 2 tons of ivory destined for Asia
- Wounded buffalo kills Zimbabwean conservationist
- Jaguar rescued from poachers stars in Brazil movie
- Officials seek LA man accused of selling piranhas
- Myanmar triples size of northern tiger reserve
- Iran report: Cigarettes implicated in Western plot
- South Africa reports surge in rhino killing
- Man caught smuggling 18 monkeys at Mexico airport
- Restaurant serves lion burgers despite protests
- Egypt police catch man smuggling foxes, chameleons
- Nepal orders probe into slaughter of rhinos
- Malaysian airport staff rescue smuggled tortoises
- Poachers kill 10 elephants in Zimbabwe
- Israel military investigating deadly flotilla raid
- Calif. man gets prison for smuggling songbirds
- Man gets 4 months in prison for smuggling 14 birds
- Egypt to keep open border with impoverished Gaza
- Calif. man who hid birds in pants to be sentenced
- Egypt: Gaza blockade a failure, border stays open
- Rhino poaching in South Africa rising, expert says
- 32 rare black rhinos to fly to Tanzania to breed
- Asian ivory trade poses danger to African elephant
- 7 charged in LA with smuggling endangered fish
- Endangered sturgeon fish flourishing in Wisconsin
- Swazi environmentalist wins international prize
- Drug smuggler arrested in bestiality case in Wash.
- Calif. man pleads in bird-smuggling scheme
- Ivory, python, leopard skins confiscated in Kenya
- UN meeting rejects proposed one-off ivory sales
- Tanzania, Zambia bid for one-off ivory sales fail