CONAKRY, Guinea - Guinea's prime minister has presided over a funeral for a former top electoral official on the day that was supposed to mark a historic runoff vote.
CONAKRY, Guinea - A security official says Guinea's ex-army chief and several soldiers who are alleged allies of the exiled junta leader have been freed from jail.
CONAKRY, Guinea - A Guinean investigative commission on Tuesday blamed the man who tried to assassinate the country's now-exiled junta leader for a September massacre during which human rights groups say at least 156 people were killed.
CONAKRY, Guinea - A military hard-liner who was among the most vocal supporters of Guinea's exiled coup leader and who chartered a private plane to try to force him to return to Guinea was arrested overnight Saturday, according to two sources close to the junta.
CONAKRY, Guinea - One of the fiercest critics of Guinea's military leader became prime minister Tuesday, marking another step toward power being ceded to civilians after more than 50 years of strongman rule in the West African country.
- Guinean military appoints civilian prime minister
- Guinea chooses opposition leader as prime minister
- Exiled Guinea leader appeals for reconciliation
- Guinea's junta leader agrees not to return home
- Guinea's leader says he's not returning home
- Guinea's No. 2 leader threatening to resign
- Guinea's military junta says leader must return
- No. 2 leader leaving Guinea for Senegal
- No. 2 leader leaving Guinea for medical treatment
- Guinea's No. 2 leader being medically evacuated
- Official: Guinea junta chief's life not in danger